New puppies in new state

Thread: New puppies in new state

texas1992 is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew puppies in new state

I have just been given two puppies (yellow male and female). I live in Texas but am moving to Utah in two weeks. What do I need to be concerned with in the area north of Salt Lake City?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

J.R.&JNE is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the new pups. How old are your puppies? Just curious if they have had all of their shots and can be in public areas.

J.R. and June

Tanya is offline Senior Member

are you keeping both? please read up on raisig littermates - it is much more than twice the amount of work. they need to be seperated daily, trained seperately and treated as two separate beings, not a unit of dogs.

as for what to be concerned about - mostly that depends on their age. if they have not had all their shots they can catch deadly diseases so can't be out and about in public (only safe places or in your arms/ off the ground)
    Last edited by Tanya; 06-19-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

texas1992 is offline Junior Member

They are 11 weeks. I knew about training separately and treating them as separate dogs. I was just wondering about bugs like fleas and ticks. Here in Texas I gave my lab a few drops of apple cider in his water and that kept all the fleas and ticks away. I don't know what bugs exist in Utah. I guess that I have been really lucky but I have never treated my labs like y'all are talking about and they never got sick other than ear infections.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

If you are moving before the pups are 4 mos old, you will not need a veterinary health certificate but after 4 mos, you will. I would get to a vet right away to find out your local risks for heartworm, lyme, etc.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Tanya is offline Senior Member

as mentionned above, start looking for a new vet there now and book an apoitment. The vet can tell you what is prevelant in the area.

what made you decide to go with two dogs? You posted concerned about raising one lab in an apartment not long ago? Did you go the breeder route (you were concerned about a breeder selling you a puppy as you were going to be in an apartmetn)?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky