Pinched nerve?

Thread: Pinched nerve?

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

DefaultPinched nerve?

On May 2nd, Jack turned one year old!! He also was limping, whimpering, and whining. Took him to the vet, she had a technical term for it but said it's like a pinched nerve. The problem was not his leg at all, but his neck. Gave him a shot for pain and some pain pills and said try to keep him quiet. He got better, so we thought. Now he'll be OK for a couple days then he'll start limping really bad again. Vet says it'll take time for his neck to be 100%, so when he gets bad we give a pain pill and try to keep him quiet for the next day or so. He's one year old so keeping him quiet is a full time job in itself. I said all that to ask if anyone has had this with their dog? Is it normal for him to still hurt (at least once a week) or is it time to see a new vet? I hate seeing him limp. He's a baby. He should be just running and playing and not hurt

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

I had a similar problem a few years ago with my black Lab. Ronnie (my Pug at that time) chased him under the bed one day. Jo started screaming in pain & it took me ages to get him out. I had to carry him into the car to get him to the vet. Turned out he pinched a nerve in his lower back. Vet gave him the usual pain killers & AI's. After a few days, he wasn't much better so I took him back to the vet. Vet recommended I take him to a dog chiropractor. I was VERY skeptical in fact I asked the vet if he was joking? Turned out he wasn't. This guy worked on Greyhounds so he was pretty respected. He put him on a heat pad, massaged him & gave him some herbal pills. I was suspect about those too but after about 10 days & 2 visits, he was back to normal.

Maybe it would be an option for your boy if he doesn't get back to normal soon?

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Poor Jack, bless his heart. I don't have any advice but sending healing thoughts to Jack.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.