Bone Cancer !? I am devestated
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bone Cancer !? I am devestated

bogi is offline Junior Member

DefaultBone Cancer !? I am devestated

Every time I think I can't cry anymore the tears keep coming my heart feels like it has been torn into 100000 pieces all I can say why why my dog why the pain is so bad I can't breathe I can't even think straight

I am devastated I took Bogi in for what was supposed to be shoulder surgery for calcification and a torn ligament (he had been limping since approx. February and it had gotten worst the last few months we tried laser therapy and acupuncture ut nothing worked. So today was his day of surgery and since it was 6 weeks since I saw surgeon for consult he said to retake blood and X-rays this morning and they saw... something suspicious took ct and they say it looks like he has bone cancer that the CT confirmed abnormality in his CT as well. Next step he suggested was a Bone Biopsy surgery. I didn't do it today because I was just so numb and in shock from the news. He told me prognosis of bone cancer like that in shoulder is bad. 4-5 month and if I amputate leg and chemo maybe 12???? Has anyone ever gone thru this? I think he said suspicion is osteo sarcoma which is a very aggressive form of bone cancer please keep Bogi in your prayers i have to make a decission for possibly ambutating his leg i feel like someone ripped my heart out this cant be happening not to my Bogi I don't know what to do why us why???? He is only 9 yrs old why dear god please help us to get thru this. What is the right decision? Just putting him down? I cant do that. I just can't. Any experience you had and can share would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry you are going through this, ((((hugs)))) to you. We do have a member with info and experience with bone cancer in labs, "kassabella". It you contact Chris, under her screen name she can give you lots of info and help. My heart is breaking for you and you and your precious baby are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Crystal87 is offline Senior Member

Oh no! I am so sorry. I can't even imagine having to try to wrap my brain around that. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jaxx - 12/5/12
    Missy - 12/29/12

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

Sorry.
    Im in shock so i cant imagine how you are.

bogi is offline Junior Member

thank you so how do I find kassabella on here?

georgie is offline Senior Member

Cancer sucks. Having gone through cancer in our labs twice now I know exactly how you feel. I am so sorry. Bogi & you will be in my prayers. Please pm Chris, (kassabella) as she can give you some good advice.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Just send a PM to that name and she will get it.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I 3rd the suggestion for contacting Chris (kassabella). In case you didn't find it, PM = Private Message . . . there is a link at the top. I'm not sure where you are, but Chris is in New Zealand so there might be quite a time zone gap too.

I'm very sorry you are facing this.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

J.R.&JNE is offline Senior Member

I am so very sorry that you have to go through this. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry the beast has come to your house. Also sorry I wasn't here when you posted.

It is so devestating hearing this news. There is no need to do a biopsy.
    He is right bone cancer is not good, but never give up.

With the time difference I many not be here when you need me so if you join the bone cancer group you will find lots of information.
    Yahoo! Groups
    If you would rather not let me know and I will answer any questions or get someone to for you, but the group is wonderful.

Kassa had it in her jaw so don't know about amputation and some of the newer protocols so the best place is the bone cancer group. Many have lived longer than vets gave them. My Kassa lived 10 months longer than they said. Charlie a chocolate Lab had his 31 month ampuversary recently after getting it in his shoulder. Charlies Mum Ellen will give you a lot of positive information.Not many are as lucky as Charlie and Ellen, but it does happen and dogs that have had amp run with 3 legs as well as they did with 4.

You will be going through so many emotions right now, the pain and heartache is unbearable, and you won't be able to think clearly so getting some information will help.
    I know it is hard to think right now, but you will do the best for Bogi. It may be amp, it may be keeping him pain free, but what ever you do there are no right or wrong decisions and never second guess yourself, never give up hope.

I am here any time you need me. I will look out for you here and the BCD.

Thank you for the pm Tammy.

Here is a pic of happy Charlie just celebrating his 31 month ampiversary. I have one of him running I will find.

I have a couple more of Charlie in the testing page. You can see them it you would like to.

edited to add pics.
    Last edited by kassabella; 05-29-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast