Puppy walking stiff and slow
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puppy walking stiff and slow

RED ONE is offline Junior Member

DefaultPuppy walking stiff and slow

Hi guys. She's 7 months old and since 2 days ago she's been walking a little weird. She seems a bit stuff in the back legs and she lays down a lot more. Eg when she walks in the house she will just drop down after she stops walking. We took her for a walk 3 days ago but it wasn't a big one but it was the first proper one for a while. Hopefully it's nothing but I can't help but fear the worst. She doesnt eat breakfast unless there is a couple treats in there either. This is also new
    Thanks for the help guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a trip to the vet is in order. Walking funny and fussy eating? Vet. She could have injured herself when you were not around, or something. I hope she feels better soon!

Thanks for that. She does eat breakfast when she has treats in there but tea seems fine. We had her inside last night and she had no problems jumping on the couch. But she just seemed slow and keen to lay down.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

She sounds lethargic, and possibly in some pain. I would definitely call the vet, puppies can take a quick turn for the worse and Labs are so stoic they don't really show the extent of what they are truly feeling.

She does seem lethargic. But in saying that shes still happy and wags her tail like crazy when you around and shes still playful with her little bites (that we are trying to stop ). Sounds like the vet is the way to go. She also seems to sleep a fair bit.
    Just so hard not to fear the worst though! I heard a story of a friends sister 2 weeks ago having her 2 year old lab x retriever diagnosed with hip dysplasia. So sad.
    Last edited by RED ONE; 05-21-2013 at 10:55 PM.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

I would have her tested for Lyme disease also. It can present with similar symptoms.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by javasmom View Post
    I would have her tested for Lyme disease also. It can present with similar symptoms.
    Or other tick borne diseases. I am assuming you are not in the US? They can be VERY dangerous so I would not waste a minute in getting your puppy to the vet.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Yep I'm in Australia. I go to the vet in a few hours so hopefully get an answer. Hoping its something very minor. I tried playing catch with her today and she seems to move weird when she tries to run as well.

The vet thinks she is sore in the hips. Seems to think she has done something to hurt herself. She is giving her some anti inflams for the next few days and if its still bothering her we will need to come back. If we need to go back it is probably something more serious eg spinal injury or hip dysplasia. I just hope this fixes it and it's nothing serious.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RED ONE View Post
    The vet thinks she is sore in the hips. Seems to think she has done something to hurt herself. She is giving her some anti inflams for the next few days and if its still bothering her we will need to come back. If we need to go back it is probably something more serious eg spinal injury or hip dysplasia. I just hope this fixes it and it's nothing serious.
    Are they testing her for tick borne diseases though?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast