I jinxed it!

Thread: I jinxed it!

doubletrouble25 is offline Senior Member

DefaultI jinxed it!

Well I posted last week about Kai's inverted vulva but no signs of infection... then yesterday she was very sleepy in the morning, first attributed it to the fact that we were up late the night before. But, then she had an accident inside (she has been ringing the bell for potty), and when I took her out, sprinkled on her way down the steps.. then peed twice outside in 5 minutes Adrian thought maybe she had drank a lot of water but I knew right away. By last night she looked so uncomfortable. Got her out to the vet first thing this morning with a urine sample and my thoughts were right.. She has a UTI. She's on amoxicillin and flagyl for two weeks, and now her 15 week vaccines are pushed back. I'm at work and Adrian says she's very sleepy.. poor girl! I hope she gets some rest and is feeling better soon. Just trying to keep her comfortable and hydrated right now to flush the bacteria out. I asked Adrian to talk to the vet about her inverted vulva and not spaying until after her first heat, but he didn't talk to her about the later spay. I'll bring it up to her in two weeks when we are back in, that is something I'm not going to budge on. Meanwhile, I was meaning to order her cranberry capsules after a recommendation on here. I'm going to start her now with the antibiotics and then continue her on it for some GU support. I looked on amazon and found this, which seems to have great reviews and I think I will order it once I'm home:

Amazon.com: NaturVet Cranberry Relief, 50 Gram: Pet Supplies

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Awwww, poor little girl, it just sucks when they are feeling bad. It is great that you caught it so early. I sure hope she is back to her sweet, silly self in no time!,
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Crystal87 is offline Senior Member

Aww, poor Kai! Hope she's feelng better soon. I'm glad you're vigilant and caught it early.

Jaxx - 12/5/12
    Missy - 12/29/12

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

You don't have to special order the cranberry capsules.
    You can buy them at any Walmart or Rite Aid.
    I get them at Rite Aid. Human grade-the ones specifically for pets just cost more. The ones I give my girls are 450 mg per capsule. They get one capsule every morning.

Also....DO NOT start her on the cran caps until AFTER she is finished with all of the antibiotics.
    The cran caps will counteract the antibiotics.

doubletrouble25 is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone! I will look at Walgreens before ordering them online, thank you! Thanks for the tip about waiting until after the abx course is finished- I had no idea! I'll start her once she's better!

She's already getting back to herself, just a little sleepy still.. but still doesn't have much control of her urine and kind of dribbles a lot, and has accidents despite being frequently taken out. I hope this doesn't totally set back her house training