Milk teeth still at 7 months?

Thread: Milk teeth still at 7 months?

Martinmac is offline Junior Member

DefaultMilk teeth still at 7 months?

My Beau still has two milk teeth on the lower jaw. They are slowly being pushed out to the side by the big new teeth growing through. He has bones to chew in everyday but they aren't loose or show any sign of coming out. Is this normal for his age! The vet said I could get medical intervention to get them removed!!$$$$$ just incase they start to get in the way of the bigger canine teeth! Is this True??? Your thoughts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dogmom is offline Senior Member

That is called "retained deciduous teeth". Those teeth can cause the adult teeth to grow in wrong, angled into the jaw, etc. They generally fall out when adult teeth erupt but on occasion, don't. They can be easily removed but it will require sedation. If your Vet feels they should come out, I would have it done.

wonderlab is offline Junior Member

Same thing happen to my pup. He is 6 months the retained tooth was on the out side of the canine coming in. I tried to wiggle it every day and it was still in tight. It was starting to push the canine to the inside. I got a pair of needle nose pliers had my husband hold him I grabbed the tooth gave it a little wiggle and pulled stright up and it popped out it took 2 seconds. My worried is I should of done it sooner. His adult canine is on the inside instead of the outside. I'm hoping it will right its self as it still needs to grow a bit. I did call the vet when he was 5 months old and they said they would not removed the puppy teeth until 7 or 8 months old.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    That is called "retained deciduous teeth". Those teeth can cause the adult teeth to grow in wrong, angled into the jaw, etc. They generally fall out when adult teeth erupt but on occasion, don't. They can be easily removed but it will require sedation. If your Vet feels they should come out, I would have it done.
    ^^^ This.

Are they discolored? Can you move them at all? I would play tug with the dog for about a week and if that didn't make them come out, I'd schedule the appointment to have them removed.

Laura

Martinmac is offline Junior Member

Hi thanks for the replies. One looks like it is discoloured the other looks solid in there. I Tried to have a push pull session with his baby fangs and they don't wanna move. Ill give heaps over the next few days so and plenty of tug of war. I noticed the larger canines are lining up into the gums, ill have to keep an eye out of this I guess until the little buggers come out. Thanks