Diahhrea is back :(

Thread: Diahhrea is back :(

martymonty is offline Member

DefaultDiahhrea is back :(

So....we kept our Cassh on rice and chicken (that I was making) for 4 days to help him get over his bout with diahhrea. There were no parasites or worms when we took him to the vets, so they said to do this for a few days, then slowly introduce his kibble back into his meals. Yesterday I started in the morning, only put a tiny bit of kibble in with some rice and chicken, he had a couple of mushy poops but that was it, so last night I repeated the same amount and bam, the diahhrea is back with a vengeance. I am assuming it's the dog food doing this to our poor pup? It makes me question though as the dog food is chicken and rice based so why would he not get diahhrea on the one food I was making, but is getting it on his dog food.
    Is lamb and rice, or salmon and rice more readily accepted by pups or dogs who may have sensitive stomachs. I have to find something I can feed to him and
    am not sure now which way I should go so any suggestions would be welcome. I feel sorry for this little guy and getting up every hour or so for a bout of diahhrea is draining me and my husband

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Oops didn't see this one and answered you in Lab Chat.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...st1832588.html

Laura

amazongold is offline Senior Member

If cooked chicken does not bother your pup, then he is not allergic to chicken. More than likely something else in the food is upsetting his gut. Try a different, grain-free kibble and see if that makes a difference.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jujubean1 is offline Junior Member

We've had great success with Fromm. They have some grain free varieties. We're still not sure if Dawson is allergic to Chicken or Grain, so we have him on the Beef Fritata so he's not getting either possible culprit. They also make treats that are grain free. Final piece of advice (You've probably gotten it 15 times) keep a can of puree pumpkin on hand to mix into meals. Helps with constipation or diarrhea.

Good luck!

labby is offline Senior Member

as with ANY food but especially grain free, check the protein and calcium levels before you switch foods

Laura

NancyO is offline Junior Member

Just curious have you ever had a full diarrhea panel? The last two fecals we did for my pup Niner were negative for parasites or worms, yet he still had diarrhea and I didn't change his food. We did the diarrhea panel which is a fecal that checks for parasites and worms, but also anything bacterial going on. Turns out two bacterial issues showed up and corona (that one was hard to believe, but there it was). He is now on tylan powder for a full month.

Nancy