MY DOG HAS GOT SCRABIES AND ITS EFFECTING ME TOO.!!(help plzz)

Thread: MY DOG HAS GOT SCRABIES AND ITS EFFECTING ME TOO.!!(help plzz)

enzo is offline Member

UnhappyMY DOG HAS GOT SCRABIES AND ITS EFFECTING ME TOO.!!(help plzz)

my puppy is 2 months old now and has got scrabies now....he is loosing hairs from almsot everywhere...i can see bald patches of skin and something white coming out of them....like dandruff of something...its like photo powder thing...and he scratches it...not 24x7 but he do scratch alot...

its effecting me too..i hug him and sometimes just lay ob the floor with him and hug and sleep him...but now every 2nd day i get lines of red dots all over my skin which itches...i take a few anti allergic and antibiotic and lots of powder and bath i become ok for the moment..

vet gave him a shampoo and a lotion...i have to batch him 2 times first week with that shampoo,.,,,then close him mouth and apply that liquid diluted in water all over his body and has given antibiotics...

i dont have much idea about the disease...doc says it will grow a little and with time will go away and told me not to panic but I AM PANICKING NOW ...

what this disease really is? is it like bad and how much time it takes to heal? and is there anything else i can do for him? and from where he got it? do i have to change something around my house?

i live on 2nd floor...he is a choclate lab names Enzo..and he poops and pees in the balcony(as i cant take him down every time) and he sleeps on pillows in front of aircoller....

DSC01165.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Your puppy has got sarcoptic mange. Mange in Dogs (Canine Scabies): Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment

Extremely contagious to other animals and to humans as well. You should isolate him from other animals and not hug him yourself.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

enzo is offline Member

how can you be so sure its sacroptic..i can see the white patches but no redness in it and the scratching is not so ferocious...

i have checked more on the topic man...and its demodectic mange...match all the symptoms..really thanx man...it will take him around 1 month to heal...and one more thing...mange can cause irritation to us but can't harm us as their life cycle can't complete on humans..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dog Paddle is offline Senior Member

01 Sarcoptic Mange (Scabies) - VeterinaryPartner.com - a VIN company!

For some strange reason,here, we tend to call it Scabies in humans and Sarcoptic Mange in animals. If your Vet said Scabies then it's Sarcoptic Mange. Unless your Vet was wrong, a thing that has been known to happen.

Scabies went through a co-workers house and they went through hoops to get rid of it. Many very hot water laundries to kill it off, and they had to wash everything they could. Life cycle be darned, the irritation is extreme, can lead to open wounds from scratching and then secondary infections. It transfers very, very easily. Said co-worker's daughter borrowed her Mum's skirt without asking, boom, scabies on Mum's waist from contact with the waistband. I don't remember if bleach was used in the laundry. The link I posted doesn't mention bleach, just hot water. As hot as you can get it. If I was you I'd be checking with my human doctor.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    how can you be so sure its sacroptic..i can see the white patches but no redness in it and the scratching is not so ferocious...

i have checked more on the topic man...and its demodectic mange...match all the symptoms..really thanx man...it will take him around 1 month to heal...and one more thing...mange can cause irritation to us but can't harm us as their life cycle can't complete on humans..
    Your vet should have done a skin scraping and determined which version of mange it was - but given the "scabies" diagnosis and the fact that YOU have had symptoms - its probably sarcoptic.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.