Heart worm pills online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart worm pills online

citronella is offline Senior Member

DefaultHeart worm pills online

Has anyone purchased heart worm pills online before? I'm considering purchasing them online this year.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I haven't, but they are the same brands. Our vet has similar prices so I don't worry about it. In the US you need a prescription from the vet (although I think an "ok" phone call will suffice), not sure if its different in Canada. If the price is lower, I would do it.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Although you have to realize that the more stuff you buy elsewhere, the higher prices your vet is going to charge for things you can't get elsewhere. They have overhead and need to make a living as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

I haven't purchased heart worm medicine on line, but I get Frontline Plus from Amazon. About $28 (with shipping ) for a 3 month supply. Last time I bought it from my local vet, it was $22 for one month. I'm aware that they have expenses and have no problem supporting local businesses, but that's some mark-up. If I can get comparable savings on heart worm med...I will get it on-line as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rayluckgoo View Post
    Although you have to realize that the more stuff you buy elsewhere, the higher prices your vet is going to charge for things you can't get elsewhere. They have overhead and need to make a living as well.
    Thanks for your comments.

Yes I'm aware they need to make a living however I don't know if anyone know that here in Canada everything is "WAY" overpriced. What you pay for a bottle of aspirin, about $5.00, we pay over $13.00. We pay double for most items. Everyone was looking forward to having a Target but we don't get the Target prices. I've included a link to Marketplace where they did an investigation on prices in Canada. I'm looking at $450 just for 3 dogs on heart worm because they won't give it to us unless you come in and pay the examination fee.

Price Tag Confidential - Marketplace

Wow, sorry I've gotten way off of topic. Thanks again for your comments

cillovely is offline Senior Member

My sister in law and niece were commenting on how they get thier yorkies heart worm/flea and tick meds from 1-800 ped meds. All they need is a prescription from the vet. And how much cheaper it is. They were saying they use something that is all in one, anyone heard of something like this?

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Nope, never buy that stuff online.
    The guarantee that Heartgard has (if your dog does get Heartworm while on Heartgard they will pay 100% of treatment cost) is only valid when purchased from a vet.
    Heartgard always has coupons available and I get tons of them from them so it wouldn't be that much cheaper for me....plus I like the peace of mind of having that guarantee.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

You should still do a blood test on the dogs every year, maybe two even if you get the meds online. I have never gotten meds onlien but have gotten heartworm thru the rescue (as opposed to the vet). But fosters still get a full vet visit and blood test to confirm heartworm status.

Have you looked at other vets? A quick blood test done by a vet tech is generally all you need to get the meds.

Do you not do yearly wellness checks?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

I get yearly wellnes checks, but I stagger their appointments through-out the year so it is more cost managable. Heart worm has to start May? June?

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by javasmom View Post
    Nope, never buy that stuff online.
    The guarantee that Heartgard has (if your dog does get Heartworm while on Heartgard they will pay 100% of treatment cost) is only valid when purchased from a vet.
    Heartgard always has coupons available and I get tons of them from them so it wouldn't be that much cheaper for me....plus I like the peace of mind of having that guarantee.
    Where do you get the coupons? Can you use them at your vet?

The only thing i get from my vet is a rebate of $12. However, I bought a box over 6 months ago and still have not received the rebate check from Heartguard... uggg.... Vet submitts the rebates and they are checking into it.

I wish Interceptor would come back. You submit your own rebate and always get the check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast