Wellness Super 5 Mix Cicken, Whitefish, or Lamb

Thread: Wellness Super 5 Mix Cicken, Whitefish, or Lamb

LizT is offline Junior Member

DefaultWellness Super 5 Mix Cicken, Whitefish, or Lamb

I have been reading through the dog food threads and I haven't seen too much about Wellness dry dog food or Wellness brand in general. I have a 1.4 year old Lab and she has been eating wellness for 6 months. All is good for her with this food but what are your thoughts on Wellness Dry Dog Food? Would you feed it to your Lab?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I've been feeding Wellness CORE to mine for a few years and like the results.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

MelCole is offline Member

My 10-year old (Lab) was raised on Wellness Puppy (way back when). He's gone thru just a few foods during his life and is currently on Wellness Core, Grain Free, Reduced Fat. (all dry kibble). In an effort to cope better with his health issues, I'll be moving him in the near future and probably go with one of the Wellness Simple recipes.

I personally *like* Wellness. I do believe they had a voluntary recall at one point (for excessive moisture ?? don't quote me on that), but overall, I think it's a good kibble with mid-range pricing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

Do you find that your dog's coat is dry feeding a 22/12 food? I found that if I don't feed at least a 26/16 food, my dogs coat go to hell.

MelCole is offline Member

In Paddy's case it's 33/10 . Put him on the High Protein/Reduced Fat in an effort to help w/his issues. We're at the point where we're now going to reduce the protein and increase the fat..... Hard to tell if his coat is suffering from the food or if it's because of any one of the numerous problems he's battling. I'm afraid only time will tell with him.

Her coat looks and feels great! And I think her shedding is minimal (haha as minimal as a yellow lab's shedding can be)! We have also had a hard time finding food she will eat though. At 8 weeks she was on Pro Plan from her breeder and wouldn't eat it. Next we tried purina Smartblend and she wouldn't eat it. Nutro was the next try and still no good. After all these failed attempts and lots of leftover dog food, we tried wellness and finally a success! She eats it! Yay! However, she isn't too interested in food, unlike most labs I read about. She doesn't wolf down her food or beg for food. She casually eats her meals and leaves what she doesn't want for later.

By the way, thank you all so much for the input, advice, and comments. I really appreciate it. I want to keep my Liz around to enjoy life as long as possible! image.jpg