FOOD- a specific question

Thread: FOOD- a specific question

MelCole is offline Member

DefaultFOOD- a specific question

I am seeking opinions from anyone who has fed their dog Fromm feed.

Paddy (the 10-year old) is currently on Wellness Core Grain-free/reduced fat. After almost 3 months on this kibble, his triglycerides have begun to come down. Whether it's coincidence or it's the food, there's no way to know, but I'm a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kinda girl.

However, it appears the Rott puppy also has issues that seem to be resolving from the grain-free route. I don't want to keep running two different feeds (still have the bulletproof Husky to consider) and the Wellness is, frankly, too costly to have all three kids on especially since the Rottie is going to be a big eater.

Done a ton of poking around and am leaning toward putting everyone on the Fromm Classic. I would like to hear from anyone who has fed this, how your pups did on it, and what your overall thoughts are on this particular food. Thanx in advance for anyone willing to opine........

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Susan_MLL is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MelCole View Post
    I am seeking opinions from anyone who has fed their dog Fromm feed.

Paddy (the 10-year old) is currently on Wellness Core Grain-free/reduced fat. After almost 3 months on this kibble, his triglycerides have begun to come down. Whether it's coincidence or it's the food, there's no way to know, but I'm a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kinda girl.

However, it appears the Rott puppy also has issues that seem to be resolving from the grain-free route. I don't want to keep running two different feeds (still have the bulletproof Husky to consider) and the Wellness is, frankly, too costly to have all three kids on especially since the Rottie is going to be a big eater.

Done a ton of poking around and am leaning toward putting everyone on the Fromm Classic. I would like to hear from anyone who has fed this, how your pups did on it, and what your overall thoughts are on this particular food. Thanx in advance for anyone willing to opine........
    Just have to say I also love your posts!!

One of the 3 food I recommend to my puppy families is Fromm. They love it. Their dogs are doing very well on it and we have not had an issue. Just remember those of us that have had/seen great results with this food has not bearing on how your baby will do it on. I am also "if it aint broke don't fix it" kind of gal and I would perhaps just bite the bullet and feed 2 different foods. There are times we all have to do that!!

Danika & Eva

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

We feed Innova EVO and it works well for us - but I have not heard anything bad on Fromm's...

I hope LabDad sees this - I know he has some health issues with Jack and may have some advice that would be helpful.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

i have fed fromm gf, just ordered a small bag of fromm with grain, just to see.
    no complaints about fromm or the company.(which since my diamond issue, has become as important as the food)
    family run, never ever a recall.
    and if you email them, with any questions, they will not only answer, but send you a coupon.

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

I haven't fed the classic, just the GF. I'm very happy with it, but don't think the GF would save you any money over Wellness if that is a main concern.

MelCole is offline Member

The expenditure is not my main concern. It's a concern, yes, but it's certainly not the main driving force. Paddy was put on the Wellness g/f, low fat because of his health issues. The girls continued to eat the "regular" food. Mia (Rottie pup) began to get itchy, dander-y and overall unhappy (could be the winter, could be allergy). Moved her to the Wellness and have seen steady improvement over the last 4 weeks. Though I sometimes believe the Husky could thrive on cardboard, in an effort to simplify MY life, I would like to try to put them all on the same food. The Rottie's 2500+ caloric requirement will make it impossible for me to put them all on the Wellness ($65 for 26lbs) which is why I started this investigation to begin with. The Fromm Classic is corn/wheat/soy-free, fairly comparable protein and fat content to the Wellness Core reduced fat. It costs $38 for 33lbs. (and it would be easy enough for me to add essential fats to the girls' chow).

I'll do what I have to do for the kids. If that means running 2 or even 3 different feeds, that's what I'll do. But at the very least, if I leave Paddy on the Wellness (keeping with the "ain't broke don't fix it") and move the girls to Fromm (or something else). I only posed the question to get some real-world opinions from people who have had experience (good or bad) with this food. Again, I'm leaning toward this food because it's in my *affordability* zone and it rose to the top of the list based on Paddy's needs. Take Paddy out of the equation and I go back to the drawing board to in my quest to meet Mia's needs with Zoe simply along for the ride.

I'll even go so far as to ask if you believe that I'd be making a mistake in changing Paddy from the Wellness. Let it be known that I HAVE had that conversation with my very esteemed Vets and their opinion was 1) He's doing well, why rock the boat, but also, 2) You (meaning I) know your dog and if you feel there's a comparable kibble at a more reasonable pricing, by all means give it a try. THEY did not prescribe the Wellness.... that came out of conversation regarding ease of digestibility and the potential that indigestible grains *could* be part of the underlying cause of his liver dysfunction.

But I'm getting wordy now, and still sitting on the fence, so I'll leave it at that.