What's your top 3?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your top 3?

elle.burns is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat's your top 3?

So I'm looking to switch my girls over to grain free...due to Josie's ears and paw chewing
    They're currently on eukanuba large breed

So what are your top three brands of grain free/corn free kibble?
    And if possible what's the price per largest bag I think that's 8kilo?

I really need some advice

Thanks

The more people I meet, The more I like my dog...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

every dog is different and no food is going to work for all dogs. And the grain free formulas range quite a bit in levels so it depends what you need.

Price also varies by region so unless you find someone posting from the same area of Australia as you price may not be relevant.

I love the Fromm line. Taste of the Wild has had good results for many. Wellness Core is said to be good. I look more at companies I trust and then the formula.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

I use Taste of the Wild because it's probably the cheapest of the grain free. We've been on it for about 6 years with good results. It's about $45 for the largest bag.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Tanya gave very good advice. I fed Caleb Natural Balance LIDs for years, and was happy with the results. But I got fed up with their customer service in the spring, and switched to Earthborn Holostics (NB foods are processed by Diamond. There were recalls at 2 Diamond plants, and NB was not answering customer's questions about which plants their foods were made in). I am MUCH happier with EB- turns out the occasional ear infections Caleb was getting were from the potatoes in the NB food, not environmental like we thought. Twenty eight pounds of Earthborn Holostics Meadow Feast runs me just under $48.

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

I feed primarily Fromm and occasionally Acana and have been happy with both, but not sure what is available where you are. Maybe there is something produced within Australia that has good quality and pricing?
    I also use some dehydrated raw grain-free foods (honest kitchen and Stella and Chewy's), but again I think you could find something more local to you.

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

We use Innova EVO due to the ear/foot thing here in Ohio (USA) but they were recently bought out - and they promise no changes - we shall see!

elle.burns is offline Senior Member

Thanks guys I will do some research fingers crossed I never have to say "Josie! Stop chewing your paws!" ever again

The more people I meet, The more I like my dog...

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Tessa has yeast infections with bad ears and allergies. We tried Eukanuba Fish and Potato and it seemed to work for a little while. She is now on home cooked unprocessed rice and fish to try and eliminate what could be causing it. Hers is not just food. A huge % is environment and we will never know what. She has had allergy testing.

I would work with your vet as each dog is different and what is wrong with my dog could or could not be the same as your dog. I used to think it was something as simple as food and when the vet told me most aren't food I ignored him.Quickly learned he can see things I can't so now we work together to help her.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

kaykay is offline Senior Member

i switched mine to fromm. they were on taste of the wild which helped with jaysons ear infections but while on TOTW he developed yeast infections in between his toes and he was chewing them like crazy
    Kristin

jayson

laika

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I feed Taste Of The Wild (Sierria Mountain) currently, but during the summer feed Earthborn Holistics Primituve formula (dogs are more active). I also supplement with Grandma Lucy's at about 1/4 of each feeding (a dehydrated food). The TOTW food is about $38 for 30#, and GL $50.00 for 10# (which makes 51 pounds when rehydrated).

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast