Help!!

Thread: Help!!

Katie/Cooper is offline Junior Member

DefaultHelp!!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, and I am also a new puppy owner. I just got an 8 week old yellow lab, Cooper, and I have had him now for a full 36 hours. I am a little concerned about the little guy. He had several runny bowel movements the first 12 hours that I had him, but now after eating 3 meals over the course of 24 hours has not had a bowel movement. He is eating and drinking fine, doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. Going potty regularly outside when I take him. Very active little guy, so just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if I should really be concerned about him or if I am overreacting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Again! Katie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nutshell is offline Member

Sometimes the stress of a new enviroment can cause this. Just to be safe, I would reccomend bringing him to the vet and having a fecal done just to be safe. What are you currently feeding him and how much? Is that the same food the breeder sent hime home on?

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
    Sometimes the stress of a new enviroment can cause this. Just to be safe, I would reccomend bringing him to the vet and having a fecal done just to be safe. What are you currently feeding him and how much? Is that the same food the breeder sent hime home on?
    Exactly! Everything is new. The envirement , the new family, possibly new food, even different water. But certainly don't let him go long without a bowel movement. If he doesn't do anything soon, get him to the vet. Can't wait to see a picture of him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Any new puppy should have a vet appointment within 72 hours of their coming to their new home. You should take a stool sample with you for this "well puppy" visit. Reputable breeders require this "well puppy" visit. During this visit the vet will check the puppy for any problems, set up its vaccination schedule and start heartworm preventative.

Laura