Male physique after neutering
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Male physique after neutering

Renzo is offline Junior Member

DefaultMale physique after neutering

Our own Renzo went to the chop-chop parlor yesterday. Our dog is genetically a very good looking Labrador and I am worried that he can loose that after his testosterone supply has been shut down. Is still possible to build up his muscles and keep him and very good shape? Is there any type of workout routine that will help with this? What type of food should he eat to achieve this? Thank you in advance for any information that you can share with us.

Alfredo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

No !

How old is he ?

Early neutering promotes bone growth ( simplificatin ) so I understand, and I can't see exercise reversing the process.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Neutering before maturity can produce a bitchier looking male dog. How old is he?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

it won't change how he currently looks if he is an adult. but does impact his growth if he is not fully grown.

being "in shape" doesn't have a relationship to being neutered or intact. while it does slow down the testosterone which can impact weight, at the end of the day, exercise, appropriate diet have a much greater impact. Feed a good food that works for him, in an appropriate quantity so he does nto gain weight and ensure he gets plenty of exercise beyond walks daily.

ETA: ok so you neutered at 6 months so that WILL impact how he looks as a grown up. but what is done is done. As far as weight and muscle tone that is about nutrition/food/exercise.
    Last edited by Tanya; 11-22-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

Early neutering will make them slightly taller, if they were destined to have a big head, they typically will have a more feminine head. The dog will grow up fine but make no mistake, it will not look like a fully grown, fully male Labrador. But if you've never kept an intact male, you'll never know what you are missing.

Hershey123 is offline Member

It makes me sad when people neuter male Labs and Goldens. They simply don't know what they are doing.

Your dog will never have the muscle tone you want, will never have the coat you want and you just increased your dog's risk of a deadly cancer by as much as 4 times, not to mention diabetes, hypothyroidism and a host of other maladies.
    Last edited by Hershey123; 11-24-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Renzo is offline Junior Member

The dog is 8 months old.

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

It makes me sad when people neuter male Labs and Goldens. They simply don't know what they are doing.

Your dog will never have the muscle tone you want, will never have the coat you want and you just increased your dog's risk of a deadly cancer by as much as 4 times, not to mention diabetes, hypothyroidism and a host of other maladies.
    What?! You're sad that we neuter our dogs? I for one have a neutered male and I find that the benefits far outway the negatives. Where is this proof of "4x the risk for cancer"? There's a cancer risk as well for un-neutered males. Aren't you banned here anyways?!
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hershey123 View Post

please provide proof. throwing words out like that is nothing but fear mongering without also providing proven facts and evidence.
    Last edited by Tanya; 11-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

georgie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hershey123 View Post

And this is exactly why people hesitate to ask questions on the forum anymore! What proof do you have to back up your comments?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast