Eukanuba

Thread: Eukanuba

DaveR is offline Junior Member

DefaultEukanuba

Hi all. Been feeding my guy Eukanuba large breed adult for over a year, with great results. I am going to switch to the lab formula as it has a little lower calorie content and claims to be higher in glucosamine and chondroitin to help with any joint issues. Anyone have any negatives on this food, positive experiences??? I have read some sketchy stuff online about it recently. I wish it were easier to pick out the perfect food for your dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

There is no need to feed a breed specific formula of any food - that is a scam IMO. Labs are also not truly a large breed.

I don't have an opinion on Eukanuba - not what I feed. I do think someone on the board does use it with their dog and is happy with it. If your dog is doing well on what you are feeding - why change? If he needs to lose some weight just cut back on the AMOUNT you are feeding and perhaps add in some green beans with each meal to increase the food volume (and make him feel fuller). The amount of G and C in dog foods is usually not significant enough to be meaningful. You need to actually give supplements if you feel your dog needs joint support.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

If your dog is doing well on the food, I would keep it on it. The Lab formula does not offer anything special over and above, despite the marketing hype. The amount of G/C is neglible. If you need a supplement add that, don't change the food. If you feed like "adding" consider a supplement like Canine Hylasport and then also add a good quality salmon oil.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nutshell is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBrown View Post
    If your dog is doing well on the food, I would keep it on it. The Lab formula does not offer anything special over and above, despite the marketing hype. The amount of G/C is neglible. If you need a supplement add that, don't change the food. If you feed like "adding" consider a supplement like Canine Hylasport and then also add a good quality salmon oil.
    It's things like this that make pet food a billion dollar business. No need to fix what isn't broken.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Great advice.

DaveR is offline Junior Member

Thanks! So what I'm getting is maybe knock him back to just the Eukanuba Adult food. I just went by weight as he is about 85 lbs, I think they said any dog over 51. Honestly when I think large breed though I think, great dane, newfie, or saint bernard. Something like that, not labs. Anyway, I like the green bean idea too, and I will try some supplements as he is definitely getting some miles in. All on dirt trails or in the woods, barely any on pavement or concrete. Thank you very much