Nzymes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nzymes

ladylola is offline Junior Member

PostNzymes

Hello,
    I am a new member and looking for some advice. We have a 2yr old spayed female yellow lab. We have had issues with her since buying her. Talked to the breeder and of course she was surprised with this news, her response was "We have NEVER had a sick puppy before", my response "Ya right!". She had UTI, puppy vaginitis and an ear infection from day one which was treated with antibiotics. From there on out it has been a battle with ear infections, UTI's, itchy skin, anal gland issues. She has been on many antibiotics and steroids which only seems to help for a couple of days then the symptoms were back!! The vets have told us it's "Allergies" and wanted us to have testing done but also told us that the testing might not be conclusive. I have been asking my vet about yeast issues but they don't recognize this as a health issue? Finally after attempting to figure out what my dog was allergic to, I came across a product called Nzymes and many stories about dogs who suffer from a yeast overgrowth. This sounded like my Lola to the T! It has been a long 2 years, she now has a bald chest, sores in between toes, not hair at base of tail of around vulva. She is on a gluten and grain free diet, only gets dehydrated duck treats and NO PEOPLE FOOD! Lola was started on Nzymes today and I will keep everyone posted on her recovery. Has anyone had the same issues or have any other suggestions for us to try?
    Melissa & Lola (the Lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I am sorry you are having these issues. I have never tried Nzymes. We were lucky enough that when we went grain free it solved Sophie's allergy problems. Did your vet have you chose a protein that Lola had not had before when you went grain free? We chose a salmon based food because Sophie had never had salmon. We pretty much figured out through trial and error that her allergies include corn and chicken. Lola's protein could be the problem, if you have not tried something different, it would be worth a try. Environmental allergens are so hard to isolate. Testing is about the only way to find out, and even then, sometimes you don't. Let us know how the Nzymes go...
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

We completely changed her diet, no grains, no gluten, on chicken (which she was getting in her kibble), cannot have pork based food, beef is out of the question, so she is back on fish based food. This is why I'm thinking it's not an allergy but yeast.
    Melissa & Lola (the Lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

"on chicken", meant to say "NO chicken"
    Melissa & Lola (the Lab)

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

It could be flea allergy dermatitis. You can google it and see pictures of it. It only takes the bite of one flea and the saliva can trigger a reaction is some dogs. It's worth checking into, anyway.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Will check it out, thanks
    Melissa & Lola (the Lab)

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

I haven't tried NZymes, but will be interested to hear your experience. I do have a friend that uses their products, but her dogs did not have allergy or yeast issues.

I will keep you posted as time goes by. Your Kiovu is very cute, same age as my Lola
    Melissa & Lola (the Lab)

An update on Lola, its only been a week, but she isn't itching as much in the night, so we are keeping our fingers crossed this product is going to work once she been on it for sometime!! I will post as time goes by, and will include pictures
    Melissa & Lola (the Lab)

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Do a search on the forum for "yeast" you will see a member who is dealing with this on her Lab, she may have already posted some good info that could help you out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast