opinions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions?

kaykay is offline Senior Member

Defaultopinions?

on Rachel Ray Nutrish chicken and vegetable food?
    Kristin

jayson

laika

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

It's not a great food, but there is worse. It has corn meal, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, and has artificial coloring and menadione (linked to liver toxicity and allergies)... I was at my nephew's and he was feeding this to his pit puppy....Sophie ran to the dish, and I could tell she was thinking: Yum! Food! But she wouldn't eat it. After that we found out about the menadione and now my nephew no longer feeds it to his dog.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Barbara1 is offline Member

how about trying raw meat, bones, and adding your own fresh veggies? or finding a raw food supplier? Our Molly eats it up wonderfully and has nice dry, non stinky poops. We're big fans!!! Our supplier charges $1 a pound her chicken mixture - just a thought!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

A lot of thought and research goes into feeding raw -- should you decide. It is more than just tossing in raw meat, bones and veggies.

i dont know if i would want to feed him raw, i would be to afraid that he would choke on it. he inhales his food.
    Kristin

jayson

laika

Just because a kibble offers chicken & vegetable doesn't mean if the one you chose turns out to be a crappy brand you ought to switch to feeding raw. That is a huge commitment & you really need to do research, it isn't so simple as to grabbing a hunk of raw food & tossing it in their bowl. Just do some more research on kibble to find a good one.

What are you currently feeding and why do you want to switch?

im just trying to find a good food for him. the only places around me that sell dog food is walmart, sams club, target, cub, chuck and dons food outlet, fleet farm, petco and petsmart. all the foods i look up on google theres negative opinions on them. i think its like dog food adviser or some website like that.right now hes on kibbles and bits(brother bought it on advice from someone at walmart)
    Kristin

jayson

laika

kibbles n bits is really, really bad food - which you seem to know You should be able to get Purina products at those stores, especially Petsmart or Petco -- if you can do the Purina Selects that is their best line (they do make low end foods like Dog/Puppy Chow which is on the same level as Kibbles n Bits so stay away from those) -- for the Selects just don't get the Shredded variety, it isn't very good.

Be aware that Dogfoodadvisor is a good site with respect to info on the products, but the ratings are really just someone's opinion. You will notice Purina only rates like 2 stars I think, but people on this forum feed it, including reputable breeders so it is a good brand.

i was looking at the chuck and dons website and they seem to have a bunch of big name brands. i think im gonna look in to some of those some more. im really trying to find something that will cut down on jayson's ear issues. he has been getting alot of ear infections.
    Kristin

jayson

laika

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Does Jayson have any allergy issues, Kristin? I have heard some people, that have dogs with ear infections and allergies, swear by grain free foods. Pam, SophiesMama, is one of the biggest fans of grain free for the difference in made in the problems that Sophie had as a puppy. Just a thought, I have fortunately never had to deal with allergy issues or ear infections. **knocks wood**
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast