Must be a great dog food or??

Thread: Must be a great dog food or??

LuvRgirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultMust be a great dog food or??

We went to purchase another bag of Natural Balance LID sweet potato and chicken, but none of the stores that carry it had any in stock. So tomorrow we head to Branson to purchase it at Petco, since that is the only Petco around these parts. I called the store to see if they had any and they only had 3 bags of the large bag in stock. The gal I spoke to told me she would put a bag in the office to hold for me just in case they would sell it all before we got there. (Nice of her to do so!)
    So it makes me wonder why are the stores out of the food. I hope because it's so good and not due to a recall or anything. One store in town just didn't know why they were out. hmmmm

So here's a question. Some of the clerks at the stores suggested if we weren't able to find the chicken formula to try the same brand but get the sweet potato & duck since it's a fowl also. I just didn't want to take the chance and cause upset to Bella's tummy again. We had a time finding a great dog food and since we made the switch to this brand she is doing so good health wise, her eyes have stayed clear and no and I mean no anal gland issues whatsoever! Miracle!! So what do you think, would she have experienced the same tummy issues as most dogs when you change dog foods? Just wanting to know what you think, we still don't plan on changing her but keeping her on the formula that works, why fix what ain't broke.
    Sweet Bella Mia at Zion National Park.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Either they're selling a lot of it or they're ordering it and nobody is buying it and the bags are expiring on the shelf. There is a difference between fowl protein so I'd keep buying what is working.

Laura

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

My local pet supply store just does not keep a ton of inventory on hand - so that when they get a run on a flavor it sells out easily. We had to negotiate with our store to have what I need on hand in adequate amounts monthly.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

Our local pet supply store doesn't keep a lot of inventory on hand either. It's a small store and we are their only customers who buy the Fromm Surf'n'Turf and so they pretty much just order in two 26lb bags a month just for us. They do stock the smaller bags but usually only one each of the 4lb and the 12lb.

If the sweet potato and chicken is working for you, stick with that.