Candie had a Seasure

Thread: Candie had a Seasure

TinPan76 is offline Junior Member

DefaultCandie had a Seasure

You all helped me and my wife about a year and a half ago when our 10yo choc lab Ginger was having seasures and was un able to hold anything down, not even water. Gingin went to sleep June 26th 2011, we will see her again when we are gone. Last night our older lab 12.5yo Candie had the same kind of seasure for the first time (as far as we know, sometimes she's downstairs where it's cooler most of the day by herself). It lasted about 10 min and she came out of it but we could tell that her head was still spining, after a while she took some water, that made us happy. After staying up with her for about an hour and her head was clear we went back to bed and she layed down next to my side of the bed and she went to sleep, but I couldn't any little sound she made woke me right up. To day she seems ok, wagging tail, happy to see us, ate all her food had a treat, we will see the vet late this morning. So glad the have Saturday hours. Any advise is appreciated.
    Dogs are my favorite people.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Given where you live, I would test for Lyme as well as have a full blood panel done. Advanced Lyme disease can cause seizures.

Good luck to you! I hope you find some answers.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    Given where you live, I would test for Lyme as well as have a full blood panel done. Advanced Lyme disease can cause seizures.

Good luck to you! I hope you find some answers.
    Yes, waiting for blood results today.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The good news is so far it was just the one seasure, the vet thinks it was caused by new meds she was on. My wife and I are praying she does not have any more seasures, it's a horrable way to spend what ever time she has left, she's 12 and a half and she is and always was such a sweet girl.