Pro Plan vs Advance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Plan vs Advance

mistarkos is offline Senior Member

DefaultPro Plan vs Advance

Today I got another package of Pro Plan for Cas. At the store I saw the Advance dog dry food.
    I have searched for it at the DogFoodAdvisor.com and they rate it with 3.5 stars and that is above average food and recommended. On the other hand Pro Plan is rated with 2.5 stars and is below average food and not recommended.

Are the ratings and reviews on that site accurate?

Has anybody used or using the Advance dog food?

If dogs do not go to heaven, then I prefer to follow them where they go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Never heard of it. Remember that site on dog food is just someone's opinion based solely on ingredients. No science involved.....just their opinion. I quite honestly find it pretty fascinating that people actually pay attention to what someone says on a website such as that. Feed what works for YOUR dog.....PERIOD! If it's ProPlan or if it's Dog Chow, it shouldn't matter to anyone else and if it does, then tell them they can buy it and pay your vet bills since it bothers them so much.

Laura

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

I agree with Labby. Some schmoe made a website and suddenly everyone thinks it's a dog food bible. It's not. If Pro Plan works, stick with it. All of mine eat it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

I know I've looked on those sites before as some of them list the ingredients and other info, but I wouldn't necessarily buy a food based on those types of sites.

I've never seen this Advance food you've mentioned and I've been buying Purina Pro Plan for a few years now. *scratches head*

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

I have no idea why ProPlan has such a low rating on that site. Agree with Laura that it is not the bible on dog food. But I like dogfoodadvisor.com as it's a one-stop site to get the full ingredients and nutritional value (protein, fat, carb) for a number of different brands and found that came in handy when I switched Diesel to Acana.

But, I did plenty of other research before making a final decision. If Cassie is doing well on ProPlan, there is no reason to switch her thinking there is something better out there for her. Because you will always find something better and never settle on a food she could be doing just fine on if you keep switching her.

Diesel on ProPlan was brutal. Never had solid poop and had way too many poops, dull coat, chronic ear infections, vomitted frequently, etc. With Acana, he hasn't vomitted in over 8 months, no more ear infections, solid poop as it should be and only 2-3 times a day (with ProPlan it was 6-7 a day). Doesn't mean ProPlan is a bad food, it means it was a bad food for my dog. What works for your dog may not work for mine. If you find a food she does well on, keep her on it.

ADVANCE is the most tested super premium pet food in Australia designed specifically for Australian pets, our unique climate and lifestyle.
    Australians climate is different than Cyprus so it might not be so good for Cyprus dogs. I will stick with Pro Plan but I like searching about my dogs health and nutrition and expand my knowledge. It's good to know a few things more than the basics.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistarkos View Post
    Australians climate is different than Cyprus so it might not be so good for Cyprus dogs. I will stick with Pro Plan but I like searching about my dogs health and nutrition and expand my knowledge. It's good to know a few things more than the basics.
    That bit about a food designed specifically for a certain climate is more nonsense, IMO. You need to learn to use common sense to sift through the marketing gimmicks as dog food companies LOVE marketing gimmicks.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

all for the money hey?

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

all for the money hey?
    Sadly, yes. The pet market is a big tug on the heart strings of those of us who accept the furry buggers into our homes and wallets. Buyer beware.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

all for the money hey?
    Yes. Any and all dog product is out there to make a profit. Some companies are more ethical than others but at the end of the day it is all about profit. So always question and look into products, any product. Heck, look at all the issues with the treats from China (where it is cheaper to make) that have caused illness (and death, I haven't followed the story) in dogs.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast