4 dogs excessive Grass Eating since spring
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 dogs excessive Grass Eating since spring

0lli3NDi3SE1 is offline Junior Member

Default4 dogs excessive Grass Eating since spring

I've had dogs all my life and typically when any of my dogs ate grass it was due to upset stomach or something and the grass would be vomited. i have noticed this spring more than anytime before all 4 dogs are eating huge amounts of grass yet they are digesting it. I get my pet food at sam's club- big 50lb bag of Dogchow or Pedigree for 20-22 dollars. I have had 2 major issues with sam's club pedigree that all dogs were barfing -shitting themselves and other odd behavior. I occasionally throw in a 40lb bag of $65 food when budget allows and we also do get chicken and fattier hamburger meat to supplement. so i'm not sure if they are lacking in anything as all my dogs eat raw taters carrots apple slices raspberries strawberries, eggs. but like i said earlier this is the first year that the dogs are all acting like lil goats. are they supplementing and its natural? i was always told never stay eating the same food forever- mix it up as some foods lack this yet others lack that. all their stools are nice and formed if left unpicked up for 24-48 hrs its already ashing up. it's not really a huge deal other than the puppy actually pulls out a clump by the roots. also i keep my grass on the highest level the lawnmower goes -it seems to absorb the urine w/o burning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Have you done a DNA test on your dogs? Are you sure there are not some cow chromosones in there as the result of a past cross-breeding?

Okay, that was fun to type. I personally wouldn't get upset over grazing on the lawn. HK has doneit since she was a pup. At the DP, almost every dog over 50 lbs does it, which doesn't mean that some of the smaller dogs don't.

We see it happen more often in the spring when there is new growth.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

All mine eat grass and rarely if ever throw it up. Journey looks like a cow with the grass hanging out of her mouth. It comes out the other end looking pretty much the same!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyK's Dad View Post
    Have you done a DNA test on your dogs? Are you sure there are not some cow chromosones in there as the result of a past cross-breeding?

Okay, that was fun to type. I personally wouldn't get upset over grazing on the lawn. HK has doneit since she was a pup. At the DP, almost every dog over 50 lbs does it, which doesn't mean that some of the smaller dogs don't.

We see it happen more often in the spring when there is new growth.

What great big mush face and jowls on HK!!!! my Ollie who's the pup has a saggy face too!!! Does HK salivate/drool when ur putting the bowl down to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom View Post
    All mine eat grass and rarely if ever throw it up. Journey looks like a cow with the grass hanging out of her mouth. It comes out the other end looking pretty much the same!
    Yes I agree!!! I have the "honor" with my dobie Lily of enacting the ye olde scarf trick that the circus clowns do -yet my forte is long grass hairs out of the puckered dog end AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Yeah, same here.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I assume the saggy mouth face and jowls is referring to the picture where she is finshing off the last of a Haralson Apple that she found under the tree.

The poor girl is going to be so unhappy this year. We had a hard freeze after the two trees blossomed, and not one apple growing on either tree this year. If I was in the orchard business, we would starve this year.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

labgirl12 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom View Post
    You look like an old cow, with grass hanging out of your mouth too.

But seriously my old friend, all jokes aside.

Grass eating isn't much to worry about. Usually the dog will eat grass just to eat grass. Hope that answers your question OP. Cheers.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Bump
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

RockysMom26 is offline Junior Member

Glad to know my doggies aren't the only one mowing my lawn for me! Both Rocky and Wrangler eat it daily.. well.. hourly LOL! Whenever I take Rocky out to potty.. he ends up grazing like a cow

My herd:
    Kitties:
    Volt
    Doc Holiday
    Bean

Puppies:
    Wrangler
    Rocky

If I could have a farm.. I would!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast