He ate chocolate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: He ate chocolate

  1. #1
    j1109 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    DefaultHe ate chocolate

    I just came home and found that my 63 pound yellow lab ate 8 ounces of Hershey's chocolate. This happened about an hour ago now. He seems fine, no abnormal behavior. What should I do?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Flat Rock, MI
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Call your vet. They will probably tell you to give your dog a swallow of Hydrogen Peroxide to make your dog throw up.
    ~Amanda

    My sweet girl Gemma


    Mt first beloved dog Bailey on her last day with us. Run free girl!
    You will always have a special place in my heart!

  4. #3
    BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,990

    Default

    That much chocolate does not contain enough theobromine to do anything to a bigger dog like a Lab. If he ate 8 ounces of bakers chocolate he might need to vomit but not milk chocolate. I would not make him vomit.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Flat Rock, MI
    Posts
    59

    Default

    All you need to do is call a vet office.. they will tell you what to do with out having to come in.
    ~Amanda

    My sweet girl Gemma


    Mt first beloved dog Bailey on her last day with us. Run free girl!
    You will always have a special place in my heart!

  7. #5
    Tanya is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,797

    Default

    you can call the vet but that isn't enough to worry about. I would not make him puke unless the vet says so.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

  8. #6
    bearbuddymarie's Avatar
    bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    I agree with bigbrown dog
    have had many experiences with dogs eating chocolate
    Buddy 11


    bella 5


    Bruno 3

  9. #7
    kassabella's Avatar
    kassabella is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wellington New Zealand
    Posts
    9,926

    Default

    I would call the vet to ease your mind. Erns has eaten a lot more than that and been fine. I wouldn't make him vomit unless the vet says so and if he think you should he will ask you to come in.

    Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

  10. #8
    Sophiesmama's Avatar
    Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    I found this link: Chocolate and Dog Poisoning
    ~Pam



    Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo


    8.5 mo.

    Sophie 15 months, with Skye

  11. #9
    SilverBullet's Avatar
    SilverBullet is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j1109 View Post
    I just came home and found that my 63 pound yellow lab ate 8 ounces of Hershey's chocolate. This happened about an hour ago now. He seems fine, no abnormal behavior. What should I do?
    Any update on your doggie? Did you call the Vet at all or just wait it out? I certainly hope he's fine. Im sure he is or we probably would have heard more.
    Chief * Chocolate Lab * Born: 6/14/2010 * Acquired: 8/14/2010 * Current Weight: 101.8 lbs. * AKC Name: Chief White Chocolate

  12. #10
    larv1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    It is best for you to call your vet and they will probably tell you to give your dog a swallow of Hydrogen Peroxide to make your dog throw up.
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
    Charles Darwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. chocolate boy needs help!
    By zoezoe in forum Lab Rescue
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
  2. New Chocolate
    By mosmama in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 11:15 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
  4. UMM....Chocolate is the Best
    By imported_Magnumsmom in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 08:55 AM
  5. anyone want a Chocolate boy?
    By sawyersammy in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 12:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25