vitamins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vitamins

wskline is offline Member

Defaultvitamins

I have a 9 year old lab who is slowing down but doing good. Just wondering if I should be giving him vitamins and if so, what is the best?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

The best supplement for an older dog is Glucosamine and Chondroitin.
    The correct ratio is 1500 mg Gluc/1000 mg Chond.
    MSM is also a good natural anti-inflammatory as well as human grade Vit. C and fish oil.
    Last edited by javasmom; 05-24-2012 at 02:42 PM.

wskline is offline Member

Thanks Javasmom

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You're welcome!
    If you're looking for a good, easy and affordable supplement, try Hylasport Canine (sold online only at PupSup Supplements for Dogs!).
    It has Gluc/Chond/HA/MSM & Vit. C in a beef flavored powder. You mix it in with their food once a day, add a little water and it makes a nice gravy.
    I give it to my girl Java...she's only 3 but she had bilateral knee repairs 2 years ago and also has OCD, DJD & ED. It works great!!
    $60 for a 6 month supply.

labgirl12 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wskline View Post
    I have a 9 year old lab who is slowing down but doing good. Just wondering if I should be giving him vitamins and if so, what is the best?
    Hello, I just started buff k9 supplements for my dog as it was recommended by my vet. A lot of people are against it but I believe that the nutrients are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by labgirl12 View Post
    Hello, I just started buff k9 supplements for my dog as it was recommended by my vet. A lot of people are against it but I believe that the nutrients are lacking.
    Nutrients have nothing to do with an older, aging dog.
    Neither of those formulas are appropriate for helping an older dog-neither formula has Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Vit. C or HA. They have a small (inconsequential) amount of Omegas.
    Nothing in there that would benefit an older dog with joint issues.
    Nothing that would even make me interested in buying it.

Actually, nutrients have a lot to do with an aging dog. Just like older humans who NEED nutrients, older dogs need nutrients as well. That formula has omega 3, 6, and 9 from flax seed. Which is not only good for heart health, but for joint health which prevents inflammation and lubricates. Its just a suggestion. I actually just started using this product and I have noticed a huge difference on my dog. These forums are to expand everyone's knowledge, not to degrade other peoples opinion.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Actually, nutrients have a lot to do with an aging dog. Just like older humans who NEED nutrients, older dogs need nutrients as well. That formula has omega 3, 6, and 9 from flax seed. Which is not only good for heart health, but for joint health which prevents inflammation and lubricates. Its just a suggestion. I actually just started using this product and I have noticed a huge difference on my dog. These forums are to expand everyone's knowledge, not to degrade other peoples opinion.
    You are correct, these forums are to expand everyone's knowledge. No one has degraded your opinion, but people have tried to broaden your understanding. It is difficult to expand anyone's knowledge when someone asks for advice and rejects logical replies becuse they differ from what they want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Dawg View Post
    You are correct, these forums are to expand everyone's knowledge. No one has degraded your opinion, but people have tried to broaden your understanding. It is difficult to expand anyone's knowledge when someone asks for advice and rejects logical replies becuse they differ from what they want to hear.

Yes, I definitely agree with you. So maybe you need to re-read what you wrote? I take people who give advice in a nicely manner, but not rudely.

Yes, I definitely agree with you. So maybe you need to re-read what you wrote? I take people who give advice in a nicely manner, but not rudely.
    Rude?
    You came here asking for advice on building muscle.
    We're trying to give it to you, yet you are rejecting all suggestions.
    Quit being so defensive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast