Purina One BEYOND??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purina One BEYOND??

QuestionPurina One BEYOND??

Has anyone heard of or seen the new commercial for Purina One Beyond food? I saw it the other day and just looked up the website. They only have 2 dry food for adults dogs. Chicken and Whole Oat Meal and Lamb and Whole Barley. Ingredients and Analysis looks really good. Its just so new though and was wondering if anyone feeds this to their dogs..?

My puppy is on puppy chow.. I know, horrible! But I tried gradually switching her to a much better food and she started to not really enjoy eating and started having diarhea which I figured was from new food change. Then last week she has bad diarhea after breakfast ( like 2 different piles and she went to do a third and it looked like water came out of her butt ) and then about 30 minutes later she puked 4 friggin times.. Huge piles I just couldnt believe it! So we called the vet and told him what was going on and about the food change. He didnt like the food we were switching her to (4Health made by Diamond for Tractor Supply) and said for the next 3 days to feed her boiled white rice and to add 1 tablespoon of lean ground beef per uncooked cup of rice and cook it together. He said to let her eat as much as she wants thoughout the day. And if by the 3rd day the vomiting and diarhea were still happenng to bring her in bc she may have a parasite. But if it had helped to put her back on puppy chow bc she was fine on it before. Well she didnt throw up again after starting this and the dirarhea kinda stopped. (He first poop the next day was super solid at first and then got soft towards the end) and on the 4th day I started to mix in her old food she was on which was the puppy chow. GUESS WHAT? Diarhea gone but the red poops are back (from the food coloring in the kibble). Cant believe that she does better on such a poor quality food.

So I am not sure if I should consider switching her puppy food again when shes back on tarck like in a couple months or so or if I should just let he stay on puppy chow till shes ready to eat adult food. And I was thinking when I do switch maybe I should switch her to Pro Plan seeing as how its the same company.. but the pro plan has by products in it.. so I really dont think that its all that great even though I see a lot of people on this forum feed it to their dogs.. Thats why I was wondering about the Purina One Beyond. I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! ugh..
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

Mt first beloved dog Bailey on her last day with us. Run free girl!
    You will always have a special place in my heart!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Even thought puppy chow is a low quality food, I wouldn't try switching again for a couple of weeks. I'd let her body get back to normal. She's been on it this long, so a little longer wouldn't hurt. What is the main source of protein in the puppy chow? I'd try a food that has that protein along with some of the healthier ingredients in the chow.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Yeah its horrible.. First three ingredients are.. Whole grain corn, corn gluten meal, chicken by product meal.. gross. But she friggin loves it! She loves it so much she scarfs it down.. Now when Simply Nourish was mixed in it she didnt eat it liked she loved it and same thing as 4Health. Its prolly bc of all the artificial flavors in the chow. The good thing is the calcium and phos levels in puppy chow are good. I was thinking of keeping her on the puppy chow for a couple months just so her system can be normal b4 doing a switch.. but I was thinking it would be better to keep her on a purina brand.. or does that really matter. I definitely notice she drinks sooooooo much water when eating puppy chow.. it must be salty bc when she was eating just rice she drank so much less. I just dont know whats best.
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

It seems Purina products work for her so maybe it would be best to keep her on the puppy chow until her system calms down and slowly begin to transition to Pruina Pro Plan - chicken and rice. Many of the breeders and members use this food with tremendous success and highly recommend it. I do know you should not feed the "shredded" type though because it is made from soy. Good luck!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Thanks
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

georgie is offline Senior Member

Look up Pro Plan Selects. There is no corn, wheat or soy in it.

Yeah I had seen that on the website.. I dont hear of many people using the ProPlan Selects but it did look a lot better. I just heard that the Purina One Beyond is full of soy so thats out!
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

georgie is offline Senior Member

We feed Pro Plan Selects Chicken & Brown Rice. It is a bit more expensive but it works for our girls. I tried awhile back to switch them to Wellness but midway through the switch they developed very loose stools. Our vet thought maybe the food was too rich for them. I went back to the Pro Plan Selects. They have great coats, no ear problems, no itching & good stools. You have to feed what works for your dog. Not all foods will work for all dogs. It is hard sometimes, but you have to find what works for your dog. Good luck. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the one that works.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I feed Pro Plan Selects with great results.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Thanks everyone. I wont be switching for a month or 2 but when I do Im thinking it'll be to pro plan selects
    ~Amanda

My sweet girl Gemma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast