Bailey's movement

Thread: Bailey's movement

michaelbb is offline Member

DefaultBailey's movement

Trying to put this properly but Bailey ran out and had kinda diarrhea tonight, liquid y but not bad, my wife feed them this evening but puts in about a cup and a half of water to the 2 cups of food, they were both running and playing inside and out and also found bird seed today in the yard , not allot but seeing how I have not raised a puppy in well over 19 years I figured I'd post a question as in what others think and go from there.

Should he still be fed in the morning and the normal amount? Should any substitute's for food / nourishment be given?

Thanks In Advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

As long as he's not acting sick, I would feed him. Also, I would add a heaping spoonful of canned pumpkin to his food, or let him lick it off the spoon. Not the pumpkin pie filling kind, get the one that says pure pumpkin. Pumpkin is amazing, as it will help a dog's system poop right. Thin poop will thicken and constipated poop will soften. It works really well. How old is your puppy? The bird seed might have upset his digestive tract. Have you changed foods or anything? I would watch him closely, and call the vet if he acts sicker, starts to vomit, or if the pumkin doesn't take care of the problem.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

deidra is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiesmama View Post
    As long as he's not acting sick, I would feed him. Also, I would add a heaping spoonful of canned pumpkin to his food, or let him lick it off the spoon. Not the pumpkin pie filling kind, get the one that says pure pumpkin. Pumpkin is amazing, as it will help a dog's system poop right. Thin poop will thicken and constipated poop will soften. It works really well. How old is your puppy? The bird seed might have upset his digestive tract. Have you changed foods or anything? I would watch him closely, and call the vet if he acts sicker, starts to vomit, or if the pumkin doesn't take care of the problem.
    That. my grandpa always feeds his birds and he had a dog eat it and she had runny poop for a day or two but was fine after that. She was 7 months old when she ate the seeds(it was a very little bit though)
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

michaelbb is offline Member

Bailey's 4 month's old along with his sister Lady, no change in food at all the only thing out of the ordinary was the bird food. Thank you for the reply also.

I just called my vet and the vet tech said that the 100% Pure pumpkin is for constipation and not diarrhea or runny stool's. And On a google search it brought me a post where lots of people use the 100% Pure Pumpkin for there dogs and cats runny / diarrhea stools.

Is my vet out of touch? They suggested using the science diet wd which is prescription food in the can , just one can, Also I'm not jumping the gun here, his stools were more solid this morning at 5:30am and after a small portion of food.
    Last edited by michaelbb; 01-30-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: verification