Pulled muscle..

Thread: Pulled muscle..

Dallas05 is offline Junior Member

DefaultPulled muscle..

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have been on here... Hope everyone's doing ok ( dogs included). I wish I could say thesame for Dallas my 4 yr old Labrador retriever. He has some kind of pain in his left front elbow or shoulder. He favored it after running down are stairs and at first I thought I was something in his paw. I came home from work the other day and he was doing the same thing. Tonight it only bothered him for a couple minutes and after jogging away he soon started running like nothing was the matter. At first I thought it was a dislocation but ruled that out soon after he started running.. I'm guessing joint pain or maybe a pulled muscle.. I will be taking him to the vet on Friday no matter what but I thought I would post on here to get your guys thoughts.. Anything similar happen to your dogs? Any idea what it might be? And I also am ready tistart giving him some kind of multivitamin or daily joint pill since he is getting older now ;( what do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance and god bless!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Were also on a walk right now and he is running and fetching the ball. I am lost. Any ideas what it might have been or what's bothering him?

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I wish I had some advice, but its so hard to know what is going on. Maybe it is just sore for some reason. Does this happen when he first gets up from resting? Maybe its going to sleep a little and wakes up as he moves around. It sure sounds like whatever it is, it gets better once he starts moving. I am not sure at what age they can start getting arithric stiffness, but 4 seems young to me. We had our last dog on glucosamine, and it took a couple of months, but seemed to help her a lot. I hope you find an answer. Let us know what you find out.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thank you Pam. Hope all is well with u and your pups Dallas isn't really sore when he wakes up and this hardly wer happens. If was just weird how he ran down the stairs and then didn't wanna put pressure on it. I checked his paw and e has nothin in it. I'm guessing a pulled muscle or something. He has a appointment on Friday si I will let u know what the vet says thanks again