New here and sick puppy
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New here and sick puppy

gbro223 is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew here and sick puppy

Hi, I am new here, and i just got a six week old black lab today about 8 hours ago. She has vomited 6 times already, and i am really worried about her, will take her to vet in the morning if she doesn't seem better. She has a large tummy, so i was worried about worms, don't know if shes just fat or worms. She has been wormed about ten days ago. The other puppy they had a big tummy also. The fifth time she vomited it was a lot, seemed like a lot of food for her size, so i thought maybe she would start acting better bit she did vomit again after and still doesn't act energetic,I thought maybe she just ate too much and the ride home made her sick and new place new people made it nervous. Her stomach seemed a little smaller after but still big. She hasn't been energetic like a puppy should, she does perk up when she goes outside on leash, but not energetic, just wags her tail and wants to walk around and explore.when she is inside she just wants to lay down/lay on someone. The last two times she vomited it was right after i gave her some water. That was the only two times she has drank anything since being home with me. I know no one on here can diagnose her, and i will have to take her to vet, but i was hoping someone might have a clue or have advice for me. I am just extremely worried about my new baby and cant do anything about it now. Thank you for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Where did u get her from? I dont want to scare you but it could be parvo. She was also to young to be taken from her mom. Most breeders dont let them fo to their new home till they are 8-9 weeks old! Also when you take her to the vet hold her the whole time you are in there!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

I got her from classifieds, she's not registered, i only paid 50 for her. I hope its not parvo yhat would be horrible. She hasnt had diarrhea yet, could it be parvo without that, and also does parvo cause a large tummy?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Well im going to go ahead and say it. You got a pup from a back yard breeder. Meaning they dont do health clearnces or anything on the dogs and dont hunt/show their dogs but that is a different subject. it could also be worms. This is the symptoms of parvo Parvovirus in Dogs | Dog Parvo Symptoms Im not saying it IS parvo but it could be. If your pup has parvo then it is likely the other pups do to.

I got her from classifieds, she's not registered, i only paid 50 for her. I hope its not parvo yhat would be horrible. She hasnt had diarrhea yet, could it be parvo without that, and also does parvo cause a large tummy?

I cant treat your dog so it could be anything. Could just be worms also.

Anyone ever have their puppy vomiting because of worms? Been reading about roundworms, sounds like it could be it, sure hope its nothing worse. Said it would give puppies a potbellied appearance, and she does... tummy kinda sticks out on the sides.

Thanks for your replies

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Vomiting in a very young puppy is very serious - they get dehydrated very, very quickly. If she is still vomiting I would get to a vet ASAP, even if you have to go to an emergency clinic. Worms can make a puppy vomit - are there any worms being brought up?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

No not seeing any worms in vomit, I took her out to potty about 30 minutes ago, and just now i went out with a flash light to check the poop (fun i know lol) and i found worms! I'll take her and the sample to the vets in the morning to get it checked. I cant take her to emergency vets, husband works nights and only one vehicle.. i'm stuck here.. but i'll go early!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast