My vacuum lab

Thread: My vacuum lab

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy vacuum lab

Bruno eats everything like a vacuum cleaner, doesn't chew at all and his back teeth are showing it. Judy eats as fast as he does, but she chews. I had them on Diamond L&R naturals which is a very small kibble - good for a vacuum dog like Bruno. Then they came out with Diamond L&R Naturals for large breed dogs but the kibble is big so I have been feeding that to Judy and small kibble to Bruno. There is a slight difference in amounts of ingredients, but the main difference is that Large Breed L&R contains Glucosamine condrotin which I would like Bruno to have too. Is there a problem with a dog swallowing large kibble? I know it would digest, but think small would be easier on him. I can just give him a supplement. It would be easier to feed four dogs two different foods instead of three. Ideas or opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Jake inhales the EVO large bites. I can't stand how tiny the small bites are, so I just let him eat the large bites quickly. I used to put stuff (balls, kongs, etc.) in his bowl to slow him down - could you try that? Or you could put his food in a buster cube or something like that to slow him down - we did that with Jake for a while too. Now we're just lazy

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

adis mom is offline Member

I have the same problem with Adi, she literally inhales the food- she's still on puppy food but will very soon begin to introduce regular food- hopefully largers kibbles will make her chew? is this wishful thinking? I feed her in stages, pour a little out- she inhales it, make her wait about 45 seconds, my thinking, its going down slowly, I could be completely wrong and wasting time. I do this about 3 times untill all food is gone. Then I give her a few fresh green beans and carrots so she can chew, chew chew! Do they ever outgrow this? she's 6 months old
    Adi

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Buddy is an inhaler, too. I put some water in the dish, as well as a knobby Kong ball, then feed him immediately. That seems to slow him down a tad.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy