My 5 month old black lab has just decided she doesnt like her food anymore help

Thread: My 5 month old black lab has just decided she doesnt like her food anymore help

geotob is offline Junior Member

DefaultMy 5 month old black lab has just decided she doesnt like her food anymore help

I have been feeding my black lab puppy Chudleys food as this is what the breeder used. We used the puppy food then the junior food and never had any problems. However now she is just not interested in it at all. She is still eating but she is scavenging more so. Not sure what to do for the best so would appreciate any advise from anyone that can help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

so she is still eating, just not finishing her meal? how much is left (and how much are you feeding)?

have you started a new bag of food (since she started this behavior)?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I never heard of that food - what country are you in?

For what it is worth - at about that age my younger Lab had to be convinced to eat. That lasted a couple of weeks and he has been a robust eater since - so she may be going through a difficult teenager phase. Or - the food may be off.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

The dog is teething so it's mouth could be a bit sore. Also, as mentioned, how much are you feeding? The dog's needs might have changed and you could actually be feeding too much of the food.

Laura

Defaultthanks for a reply

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    so she is still eating, just not finishing her meal? how much is left (and how much are you feeding)?

have you started a new bag of food (since she started this behavior)?
    I have been measuring out the required weight of food as to what it says on th bag but going to the smaller end of the scale. She leaves most of it so it is not that I am over feeding her. She is just not interested. I have had a new bag of food but she was starting to go off it before I brought a new bag. I was undecided as to whether I should continue with the food or get a new bag. Thought a better stick at it as didnt want to mess about with her stomach so brought a new bag.

Hi thanks for a reply. I am in England and not many people have heard of the food but I get it from Kennel gate. As I said in an earlier reply she was going off the food before I brought a fresh bag so dont think it is off. Also when we are out she is scavenging and she goes mad for carrots. When I took her to my in laws normally their dog food is put away but on one occassion it wasnt and when I noticed she had eaten it all. Dont think she is having problems with teeth just think she is being picky.