still going diarrhea
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still going diarrhea

lisa is offline Senior Member

Defaultstill going diarrhea

Well Gracie is still going diarrhea. She was treated for cocccidia, we have had 3 neg stool samples..so i think it is gone. She had blood work done, everything normal. My husband insist it is her dog food.. so while she was on hamburg and rice for some time we have introduced a new food (wellness large breed) slowly. The vet said the food change could be causing diarrhea, any input on this one. We have a new pup coming in 4 weeks so I am being very cautious and nervous. Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Did she have normal stools on the meat and rice?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

You have a new pup coming in 4 weeks??? I didn't know that!! Did I miss that announcement on the board somewhere? Yay!! So exciting...yellow/black/chocolate??? Male or female?
    I need details!!
    Java is having some poop issues right now too....dropped a sample off at the vets and waiting for results. I'm thinking Giardia.
    Ugh...I hate poop issues.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    Did she have normal stools on the meat and rice?
    her stool was soft but formed, but the diarrhea started up as I began to mix dry food back in.

Quote Originally Posted by javasmom View Post
    You have a new pup coming in 4 weeks??? I didn't know that!! Did I miss that announcement on the board somewhere? Yay!! So exciting...yellow/black/chocolate??? Male or female?
    I need details!!
    Java is having some poop issues right now too....dropped a sample off at the vets and waiting for results. I'm thinking Giardia.
    Ugh...I hate poop issues.
    Yes Gracie is getting a sister, I have not had a chance to post it yet, so I guess you are the first to know She is black. I am excited, going for a visit on the 15th and she will be coming home on the 29th I think. I really think Gracie will be good w another dog..she loves to be around other dogs. How old was Java when you got your pup? Gracie is 11 months old. I am up for the challenge, I know it will be hard w 2 young dogs, but I think it will be good.

Now the poop issue. She had coccidia...she has had 3 neg stool samples, but still diarrhea. hopefully it is just the switch in food and things will go back to normal.

Well 2 nights now Gracie has woke up about 3-4 am and just had diarrhea all over the floor. I feel so bad, it's like she just can't hold it at that time. During the day she cries to go out, but when she wakes up during the night it is like she just can not hold it. I am just hoping it is a food issue and nothing else. I am having the vet fax over the test that they ran, I can't remember exactly what has been done.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

There is medication that the vet can give her I believe. When Diesel had 2 weeks of diarrreah post cataract surgery this summerr the vet helped quell it with a shot of some sort - DH took him so I don't have details.

In any event - did you switch totally over from rice/meat to kibble? Maybe combine the 2 and slowly introduce the kibble. Have you tried adding in canned pumpkin (not pie filling)?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    There is medication that the vet can give her I believe. When Diesel had 2 weeks of diarrreah post cataract surgery this summerr the vet helped quell it with a shot of some sort - DH took him so I don't have details.

In any event - did you switch totally over from rice/meat to kibble? Maybe combine the 2 and slowly introduce the kibble. Have you tried adding in canned pumpkin (not pie filling)?
    I di switch slowly..mixing the two over a period of time ,now we are on just kibble. I think I will try pumpkin today. Thank God she seems fine other than the diarrhea.

labby is offline Senior Member

Wellness always gave my dogs diarrhea. It's a very, very rich food. I personally would switch off of it to something not quite so rich. Maybe something out of the ProPlan line, not the Shreds.

Laura

Here is what they ran chem 17,CBC, Lytes also fecal flotation. My sisters cat has intestinal issues and they ran a pcr panel. should they have done this w Gracie? Any one know anything about this? I believe it screens for many different parasites and bacterias. Any help is appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast