Simba is ill
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simba is ill

vamsi is offline Member

UnhappySimba is ill

Simba is sick since 3 days he is not eating anything,for the first two days he used to drink some water and eat atleast very little food once a day and since today morning he is not eating anything ,its almost 18hrs that he dint eat not drink anything.He is vomiting some dark yellow stuff for every half and hour. Had been taking him to vet daily since three days but i see no improvement with him,he is getting weaker day by day he could hardly move from one place to other after vomiting.
    The vet says that it is a viral infection but m really getting scared looking at his state ,he has become very very weak and he is also vomiting the medicine which the vet asked me to give.
    Did anything like this happened with anyone's dog ,like vomiting yellow stuff along with some lather.he hadn't ate anything since a very long time and from where is all the stuff coming from his stomatch,is there any danger that i really need to worry about!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Get your dog to another vet, and do it immediately. Something is very wrong.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

vamsi is offline Member

GOD!....there aren't many veterinary hospitals here,have to travel a long distance.Still will try to take him to any new vet by the evening.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

An animal that is not eating, and a Dr. that is blaming a virus does not sit well with me. The yellow vomit is probably bile, probably because the stomach is empty of food.

You wrote, 'he is not eating anything,for the first two days he used to drink some water and eat atleast very little food once a day and since today morning he is not eating anything ,its almost 18hrs that he dint eat not drink anything.He is vomiting some dark yellow stuff for every half and hour'
    You wrote, 'he has become very very weak and he is also vomiting the medicine which the vet asked me to give.
    Did anything like this happened with anyone's dog ,like vomiting yellow stuff along with some lather.he hadn't ate anything since a very long time '

Your dog is seriously ill. You need to get him to a good vet. How old is this dog? The picture looks like a pup.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

vamsi is offline Member

yeah i have just called another vet and he said that there might be some blocking ,we can go for a scan and based on the result we may decide the proper medication for it.
    yeah he is just 4 months old....m just not able see such a small kid in so much of pain.

vamsi is offline Member

Took simba to the vet,injected 250ml of saline and few injections.He asked me to get him again tom morning so that if he doesnt eat anything tonight he will put the saline again.
    Simba's condition seems to be little better now(he has stopped vomiting and doesnt look as weak as before) and he even drank some water after coming back,dint try with the food though.

Glad you got him to someone else. Did either vet suggest trying another food, or a fresh bag of the same food. Could the food you have for him be spoiled?

deidra is offline Senior Member

Glad he is feeling a little better. I agree with Hershey'ks dad with the food.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Glad you got him some fluids. Hope he recovers soon!

summer100 is offline Junior Member

Vamsi...sorry I just read this. My mother's Miniature Schnauser has had a bad go of it for about 4 months now. Her dog has canine diabetes. It took a long time to diagnose and then has taken a long time to get the right meds..but he is doing great so far. He is eating a medical diet and is not allowed ANYTHING extra...not even rawhide. The first vet totally missed this and even though the 2nd vet did a complete workup...he missed it until she brought him in again when he wasn't eating, etc. Good luck to you and I'm so glad to hear you contacted a 2nd vet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast