Question about ear mites

Thread: Question about ear mites

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion about ear mites

Duke and now Paisley both have gotten ear mites pretty consistently. Duke is much better now that he is older. However Paisley is getting them like Duke did when he was a puppy. We use a cleaner and ear mite treatment. Is there a food that would be good for ear mites/infections? Paisley is on Diamond puppy food as that is what her breeder had her on. We will switch her in August once she is 6 months. Duke is on Eukanuba, however he was almost done with the bag and we bought Taste of the Wild for him to try next, since I have read good things on here about it. Any advice appreciated!

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deejack1 is offline Junior Member

Hi there have you tried Thornit for ear mites? this is an old fashioned remedy, I also found changing my Labrado's food helped
    Quote Originally Posted by dukesmommy22 View Post
    Duke and now Paisley both have gotten ear mites pretty consistently. Duke is much better now that he is older. However Paisley is getting them like Duke did when he was a puppy. We use a cleaner and ear mite treatment. Is there a food that would be good for ear mites/infections? Paisley is on Diamond puppy food as that is what her breeder had her on. We will switch her in August once she is 6 months. Duke is on Eukanuba, however he was almost done with the bag and we bought Taste of the Wild for him to try next, since I have read good things on here about it. Any advice appreciated!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Are you actually having the mites diagnosed by a vet? If you're getting recurring mite infections for real, what are you using to treat them? I prefer Revolution personally. If they're infections it's highly unlikely that both of them have the exact same food intolerance unless they're litter mates.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deejack1 is offline Junior Member

DefaultEar mites

'Thornit' is fantastic for ear mites and ear infections, well worth you trying, as for the food since I changed Jack's food to Burns I have not looked back.

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the advice! I forgot I posted this in Health and Nutrition and really only check Lab Chat. We had Duke's ears checked by a vet and were told they were ear mites, and Paisley's are exactly like Duke's (brown smelly stuff in her ears). I am using ear mite cleaner and treatment from Pet's Mart currently. They are not litter mates either and right now they are eating different foods (Paisley is on puppy). I do not think the food is necessarily causing it, I just wondered if grain free food would help it. I will look into Thornit deejack, thank you!

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown