Fortiflora helps restore intestinal health

Thread: Fortiflora helps restore intestinal health

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultFortiflora helps restore intestinal health

Last fall, Puff had an intestinal infection that resulted in her stools being covered with mucus, diarrhea (sometimes with blood), etc. Once it resulted in her having explosive diarrhea in the house on the carpeting (which I cleaned with a carpet cleaning machine).

I took her to the vets we use at Kansas State Univ.'s College of VetMedicine Teaching Hospital and they successfully treated her upset with metronidazole/"Flagyl."

Unfortunately, the same symptoms shortly returned, so we went back to KSU-CVM-TH.

And then the same thing happened again (except, fortunately, her diarrhea on the carpet happened just the once).

And again.

And again.

Thinking Puff might be getting re-infected from bacteria in the carpet (in case some bacteria were resisting the cleaning), I was strongly considering removing and replacing all the carpeting.

But our vet said, before you do that, after the medicine has done its job, let's try this Fortiflora supplement on her food once a day.

It's now been over 120 days and NO MORE REINFECTIONS !!!

I'm very pleased with that outcome and Puff is, too, I'm sure.

Puff's stools are much firmer and we've had no repeat of the diarrhea.

So, if your dog has digestive or intestinal problems, after they've been treated and regained health, you might consider trying Fortiflora. It's not a medicine to cure anything-- it's a non-prescription food supplement containing dog healthy "good bacteria" to aid dogs' digestive process. (IIRC, there's also one specifically for cats.)

Here's a link to the least expensive source I've found for buying it--please note it has a very high percentage of favorable endorsements:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3 Pack FortiFlora CANINE Nutritional Supplement by Purina- Box of 30 (1 gram packets)

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for posting that info, Bob!