Innova Troubles and a question.

Thread: Innova Troubles and a question.

mwm70 is offline Senior Member

DefaultInnova Troubles and a question.

Zeke is 8.5 months old and is currently being fed Innova LBP per the breeder's recommendation. Over the last several weeks he has had reoccurring diarrhea. After a day of loose stools we have him fast then switch to white rice and finally then add his food back in. The problem resurfaces after he is back on all food. We have eliminated all treats in an effort to determine what is causing the issue and it appears to be the food. He was diagnosed with Giardia in February and his last bout of diarrhea was checked by the vet and showed nothing unusual. He has been on Hill's Prescription for the last 2 weeks and has had firm stools. We have slowly been adding the Innova with the Hills and his stools have become noticeably softer again. We are thinking about a switch to Pro Plan and I am wondering which one to start with based on previous experiences? Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

One of my pup owners had the same problem w/ Innova LBP. Never had giardia or anything but always had loose stools on it. I finally convinced him to switch back to Euk LBP and voila. Firm stools again.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

I feed Innova EVO and am in fear since the company was sold - I have heard 1 yr b4 any changes...but we will see. Could it be that there has been a change and that is what is bothering him/ GOOD LUCK!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

I've always had good luck with Pro Plan. Look for the Pro Plan ALS Chicken/Rice formula. I don't know the main protein in the Innova, but Pro Plan also has an ALS lamb as well.

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Have you tried a new bag? I'd contact the company as well, they have a great quality control department and are always interested in hearing when people are having trouble with the food.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

mwm70 is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the responses. I have heard that Innova is "rich" and I am wondering if it is to much for him. The Innova is chicken based, is lamb easier to digest?

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

Chicken is actually easiest to digest. I only mentioned the lamb because when you change foods (and you are not having a problem with the type of protein) it's easier for the dog's digestion to stay in the same protein type.

labby is offline Senior Member

My dogs never had 100% firm stools on Innova. They do now on ProPlan. I feed some, including my 9 month old Raven, the ProPlan Selects Salmon and Brown Rice. The others get ProPlan Performance. Whatever you do DO NOT buy and feed the Shredded Blend. It's crap.

Laura

loki is offline Junior Member

im having same problem of loose stools on blue buffalo. breeder used iams and he was fine on that but i think iams is crappy food. any suggestions what to try for 4 month old?