Shakes..some advice

Thread: Shakes..some advice

Kera'sMom is offline Member

DefaultShakes..some advice

Three weeks ago 14 mth old Kera went into heat. this was last one but now especially.
    going into second week she started throwing up. Being obsessively cleaning herself I had been cleaning her area to help alleviate stress. Went to vet and Kera had shakes that day. Upper neck and head. Knew me, was sitting up. Went back to playing. Over within a minute seemed longer.
    Vet was told all things, put her on meds for vomiting. We changed her diet. Had another bout of shakes couple days later, went back to vet who did blood work I asked for first day, did other tests. All were good, levels normal in bloodwork. then a week later she has another bout while laying down. all she is with it but just shakes. Vet says more test to do, I have no more money for more blood work. Was fine for almost a week. Diet still chicken and fish with grain free dry. Now 4 times day. No vomiting since med, heat over thought we had baby back. Today I saw her licking paws, we had just come in from creek. I went to sit with her and noticed shakes. I sat petted her talked to her I minute and over she is ready to play, I sit with her for bit as I want her to relax.
    But she is off and barking, drinking. I had given her 3 table spoons or 4 of Beef by alpo. We later all went to yard and she ran around like crazy, we decided no we do not need this today. She has been doing running around, once and awhile chasing tail, humping (during heats mostly).
    I show vet info I read about Epilepsy, about IVD no answer. I would like some advice. tomorrow I have Cart Meeting and will talk to them
    I wnet thru Epilepsy grand mal with rotties, went away. I had IVD with two dogs many years ago from jumping and being nuts, cortisone and rest, never another problem until 15 years and they were having other problems with hips etc so we said goodbye.
    I need some ideas, advice. This is a young dog, it kills me to see her. Now I will say last week she didnot want to go down steps on couple occasions. Not necessarily on shakes day. She didnot drink before on the one day for hours. I am writing these down must do so now. Well, I am an owner, new to this breed looking for answers.
    I am not working, tomorrow I have in house interview for school/job. But I will get meds, I can take care of her thru this. I just do not want to be put the Vet strings of more and more tests. I just paid off $3500 for dog and cat that they should have put down earlier but instead sucked me during an illness to keep hoping for ...end result was saying goodbye. I was not ready for that right now, never thought a young pup could have simple seizures and no answers or treatment.
    I respect yur ideas, thoughts as you have more experience with this breed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Sam had the shakes once. Our vet told us it was because she was in pain. She was shivering like she was cold. Our vet (a chiropractic one) made a couple of adjustments and Sam took it easy for a few days. She's been fine ever since.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I think the OP means that her dog is having seizures.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kera'sMom is offline Member

I do not know how to address them, They are quick, from upper neck. She is not convulsive, no defacation. Knows us, goes immediately to play. I understand there are many levels of Epilepsy and IVD so I was looking for some of you who have had to work threw them.
    She gets the others when washed, out in water or over excited. These came on during second phase of heat, had another last night after 5 days. I do not know if she had any in those five days as I am not always by her side. I am around but do have chores to get done. Right now I have been monitoring but not so as to get her some ideas on how to get my attention more. We just got in from 1 1/2 hours of walk, and in stream. thought she was going for the deeper but she got up to pits.
    She drank, and was good girl, now rest time with me so I keep an eye on her.
    By the way I use harnass, no nose I prefer this to chokes.