Sir Drinks A LOT!

Thread: Sir Drinks A LOT!

DefaultSir Drinks A LOT!

I am wondering if the amount that Apollo drinks is excessive and whether I should be concerned. He has always seemed to drink more than I ever expected he would. Much ends up on the towel that I put his bowl on because he is sloppy. I would say he drinks about 3-4 quarts a day. Is this unusual?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

No that is not unsusal. My dogs drinka mixture depends on how the weather is. Is it warm where you live or still cold?
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

It is still fairly cold. A warm day will pop up once in a great while but he usually drinks that much anyway.

He pees a whole lot too! Sometimes he seems to spring a leak and will dribble right in front of you and I know he is not doing it on purpose, but it happens. He is just about 10 months old now. I know it is not due to nervousness. I had a dog that would do that before I got Apollo.

He usually tells you when he has to go out but still he's had a couple of accidents in the last couple of weeks. He acts like his normal self...I am probably being overly paranoid again, but I have heard excessive drinking could be cause for alarm. I just don't know what excessive is!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Maybe this will make you feel better. I have a two 3 gallon bucket that i keep outside when my dogs are out there and my boys both have their own and they drink it all in one day.

Lol! I guess that does make me feel better!!!! Thank you!

Your welcome! Just make sure that he does not drink a lot at once after a hard run. It can cause a dog to bloat. Mebey give him a cup at a time untill about 10-15 min after the run.

I hadn't known that either...thanks!

Your welcome!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo's Mom View Post
    It is still fairly cold. A warm day will pop up once in a great while but he usually drinks that much anyway.

He pees a whole lot too! Sometimes he seems to spring a leak and will dribble right in front of you and I know he is not doing it on purpose, but it happens. He is just about 10 months old now. I know it is not due to nervousness. I had a dog that would do that before I got Apollo.

He usually tells you when he has to go out but still he's had a couple of accidents in the last couple of weeks. He acts like his normal self...I am probably being overly paranoid again, but I have heard excessive drinking could be cause for alarm. I just don't know what excessive is!
    Sounds like signs consistent with a urinary tract infection to me. I'd take him to the vet.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy