Had Mitzi, 11, to the vet this AM for check-up. She has a small growth on the top of her nose, about the size of a mosquito bite. I noticed it a few months ago. He would have to give her anesthesia to get a biopsy sample. At her age, I don't know if it's worth the risk. Should I take her in for the biopsy or wait to see if it gets bigger?
I would wait a week and if it gets bigger take her in. I have heard of dogs that make it at that age. Good thoughts for her.
~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.
It's not a great spot for a lump ... I'd watch carefully for changes in size/texture etc ..
if she's a healthy 11 the risk of a general is not much higher than for a younger dog ... has she had bloodwork done lately? (that could also help indicate if the lump is something to worry about.
Hopefully it's a little cyst and all is fine
“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller