Spay Recovery

Thread: Spay Recovery

MrsThurman is offline Junior Member

DefaultSpay Recovery

So Penni was fixed yesterday and of course with it came a long lis of after care instructions. One of the main things was of course, mobility. The vets asst basically told me to keep her as immobile as possible. She cant get on or off the couch, only going outside on a leach so on. I totally understand and intend on following the rules as much as possible, but my baby already is on and off the couch. When I am in the room with her, she wont get up there because I can catch her and tell her no. When I have to go to the bathroom or am away for a short time, she is up there. I caught her the second time and she was very careful about how she got up there actually. Taking her time and actually babying her backside. At night I just put my table chairs in front of it so she cant get up there. I feel like I am doing as much as I can, so how is it possible for me to make sure she doesnt get up there. Now Im all worried shes gonna mess up her incisions!! HELP

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

I think you just have to do the best you can do. When Aila was spayed at 5 months, we were given a huge list of after-care instructions. However, the vet recognized that Aila was a 5-month old lab and keeping her "inactive" for up to two weeks was really not realistical. She said to just make sure that she is somewhat less active for the first week. When we got her home, she was a bit groggy for the first day, but the second day there really wasn't any stopping her. We didn't take her to the dog parks and she only went on leashed walks, but really not much else we could do. She healed-up perfectly fine and had no complications.

MrsThurman is offline Junior Member

It makes me feel better to know that, thank you. I take her off and on as much as I can since she loves it up there, but like I said only so much I cando. Thanks!!