Restless leg syndrome?

Thread: Restless leg syndrome?

rudysmom is offline Junior Member

DefaultRestless leg syndrome?

Hi all, my yellow lab, Rudy, has been doing some unusual leg movement while at rest. It happens every 15 seconds or so. It is almost like he is experiencing restless leg syndrome. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? I don't believe he did this before he was diagnosed with diabetes and was put on insulin, but because I am now watching him more closely, I seem to notice this. I thought I would check here first before calling the vet. He does have a fatty tumor that is just hanging by his groin area, don't know if something like this would make him have restless leg.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Could he be dreaming? It's no unusual for dogs to make running motions when they're sleeping, or just quiver a leg (or more).

mams3boys is offline Junior Member

Hi there - I wondered if you'd taken your Rudy to the vet about his restless leg? My 3-year-old Goldie does the same thing, although it's the same hind leg that she seems to have dysplasia in? I don't know if I'm just relating the two or if it's truly there. I haven't taken her to the vet for either because they don't seem to be bothering her. She doesn't whimper or whine or act like she's in pain, she simply favors her hind leg occasionally. I absolutely adore my Goldie so I'm hoping to find some sound advice here. Thank you!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

judiz is offline Senior Member

Hamilton's legs move constantly when he first lies down, then as he settles into a deep sleep, his legs quiet down. Someone on the other forum told me it was normal for labs to do this.
    Hamilton, Rescued October 4, 2011 at the age of four, background unknown. Hamilton is extremely lovable!!!!