Thick green eye boogers...........help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thick green eye boogers...........help

steve&nancy is offline Junior Member

DefaultThick green eye boogers...........help

Hi, we are new to the site and Kobe is a 1 year old yellow lab. Kobe just started to have thick green eye discharge. Why ??? I am seeking advice before I consult our vet. Vet bills are outragous. Do you think he could have a cold???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

Dio, my black boy, gets the green discharge during the winter. The vet figures that it's an allergy. We just make sure that he eats zero grains and gets lots of fresh air. The vet gave him some eye drops to clear it up and it'll clear it up for a month or so. We just wipe them often. I would bring him to the vet, to gt the eye drops. It can be very uncomfortable for them.
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

You need to see a vet. The color points to a likely infection. Vet visits are part of being a responsible owner.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve&nancy View Post
    Vet bills are outragous.
    I have a question for you - If you think vet bills are outrageous why do you own a dog? Providing proper care is part of being a responsible owner. Take your dog to the vet.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I agree. You need to see a vet. Eye infections can be nasty & uncomfortable for the dog. I have three labs...you don't want to know my vet bills. But they are part of our family & we never hesitate to see the vet, when needed, besides their routine physicals.

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

It could be conjunctivitis which is contageous(to you as well). You need to see the vet for meds.

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

We just went to the vet today - I didn't even know dogs could get conjunctivitis!! But Spike has it

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Another vote for you to see your vet! It can be uncomfortable for your dog, contagious, or cause further damage if it is an infection. Yes, vet bills can be ridiculous... I spent over $2,000 after only having Diesel for less than 2 weeks... for one vet visit!! (endoscopy to remove an object he swallowed... typical Lab!) so that pretty much confirmed I was committed to being his mom. If you are that concerned you should be looking into pet insurance, it really can make a difference if you do your homework & get the right one.

BTW... it's been a few days since your OP... any update for us?

Happy to report that Kobe is free and clear of the eye discharge!!!! I did not take him to the vet. I cleaned his eyes several times a day for 3 days, as I cleaned and stayed ontop of it,it started to reduce and now its all gone. I love my dog hes my buddy and I love him. I would have taken him to the Vet if it didnt get any better on day 2. Thank you again for your advice.

Happy to report that Kobe is free and clear of the eye discharge!!!! I did not take him to the vet. I cleaned his eyes several times a day for 3 days, as I cleaned and stayed ontop of it,it started to reduce and now its all gone. I love my dog hes my buddy and I love him. I would have taken him to the Vet if it didnt get any better on day 2. Thank you again for your advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast