Mineralization of the Supraspinatus Tendon

Thread: Mineralization of the Supraspinatus Tendon

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultMineralization of the Supraspinatus Tendon

Has anyone ever dealt with this with your dog? This is the orthovet's diagnosis as to the cause of Ranger's limp. There are definitely 5 spots on the x-ray of his shoulder. We tried a long-acting steriod injection but after a week or so, the limp seems to be coming back although he is still better than he was. Next step may be surgery to remove them. I'd be curious to hear of other people's experiences with this issue.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Jeanne, I'm sorry to hear about Ranger's limp. I have only heard of this in people, and don't know much about it. Do you know what the surgery would be?

Lots of good thoughts for Ranger.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Nathan. I replied earlier but had a 3G failure. Basically the surgery is opening his shoulder, finding those 5 spots in the x-ray, and taking them out. I asked but my orthovet said it will not be laprascopic surgery, I guess because unlike other surgeries, they don't know exactly where they are as compared to a regular anatomical feature like a gall bladder or tendon, etc. We're taking it as it comes but it looks like according to the literature, it's either a long-lasting steroid (which he just had) or surgery. Thankfully, his other shoulder is clear. I had them check it because a large number of dogs have it in the opposite shoulder too.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"