Those that fed Eagle Pack

Thread: Those that fed Eagle Pack

Nick is offline Senior Member

DefaultThose that fed Eagle Pack

Have you noticed any difference on the new food now that they've been bought out/merged with OMH/whatever they did? I noticed they tinkered with the formulas, and I noticed the chicken formulas has less protein.

I'm really hoping Jes's diarrhea was the result of eating something at my friend's house as they were dog sitting this past weekend as opposed to the food. He has a notoriously sensitive stomach and Eagle Pack was one of the few foods that he did really well on. I'm hoping they don't tinker too much with the formula.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

I feed Eagle Holistic Chicken and Rice. I just bought two large bags of this which was $10 off each bag to clear out the old packaging. I am not sure if the new Holisitic C&R has changed. You can call their consumer line at 1-800-225-0904 and ask them about changes.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

If you go to the website; you can see exactly what changed...I feed the duck and oatmeal forumla; not much changing went on with it. I do know they are now using canola oil in the fish one. It's also in a thread over at .net a few weeks ago if you want to do a search over there. John M. of EP made a comment in that threat. I'm going to stay with the duck for now. Their are rumors of an "original" formula coming out; but don't know too much on that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nick is offline Senior Member

Alright, thanks. I'll look at the website and the "other" place. I noticed on the bag that it says they only removed salt and inositol. I could have sworn the chicken used to be 26%, but maybe that was changed a while ago under the old label. If so, that means it's probably not the food.

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

If you are using the Holistic C&R it was 24% on the old bag as well as the new.

I think the oil change is for the good. No longer using a corn based oil which for dogs with allergies may not have been a good thing.

Sandy, John is the person who worked with me about 15 months ago when we changed Marshal's food from the L&R. He went the extra mile to make sure we found a solution that worked for Marshal when he developed some digestive issues which we eventually found out were with the protein source he was getting.

One other thing I like about their product is that for both our dogs the recommended feeding portion is spot on.

Both of our dogs as well as several who are gone now have thrived on Eagle.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

I love this food; have no desire to change. I did look at rotating in the chicken but has too many protein sources for Dutchie so I'm gonna stick with what works. I did use the Fish based one and I "think" they did fine on it except it was the same time I got Jasper Jax who invited fleas to our house and the itching started. Definitely don't think it was food related.

labby is offline Senior Member

Nick, if you have questions, contact John the President of Eagle. He's very open to emails. I knew him on the old AcmePet board.

Laura

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zoezoe View Post
    If you go to the website; you can see exactly what changed...I feed the duck and oatmeal forumla; not much changing went on with it. I do know they are now using canola oil in the fish one. It's also in a thread over at .net a few weeks ago if you want to do a search over there. John M. of EP made a comment in that threat. I'm going to stay with the duck for now. Their are rumors of an "original" formula coming out; but don't know too much on that.
    I feed the duck and oatmeal also, and my dogs do wonderful on it. I'm glad to hear it didn't change much. I hadn't noticed any changes in my dogs.