Help! Need some advice!

Thread: Help! Need some advice!

rudysmom is offline Junior Member

DefaultHelp! Need some advice!

My 10 yr. old lab Rudy has many fatty tumors and almost all have been checked by Vet.
    On his side there is under the skin tumor and vet said it could eventually press on organs. We have noticed that he seems restless at times so I am assuming that they are becoming uncomfortable. His appetite has decreased only a slight amount, but has decreased nonetheless. Today upon returning home after work we came across a huge wet spot in the hall along with some drippage trails. Naturally we thought it was pee. He has NEVER did any "duty" in the house.
    I am petrified to take him to the Vet for fear of what is going on with him. I am sick over this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lisa is offline Senior Member

I would take him to the vets for a check up...I understand your fear of hearing bad news, but it may be nothing and you will get some peace of mind. Prayers and good thoughts that your pup is fine. Keep us posted.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

You need to get him to a vet. Like what was said, it may be nothing and you get relief. It may be something that there is a simple treatment for, and you both get relief. And it may be serious and you need to find out what you need to do to make him as comfortable as possible.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

We know you're scared but in this case it's best to know what is going on. It's not fair to Rudy to do otherwise. Good luck, maybe it's nothing serious.

Laura

Have vet appointment tomorrow. Came home from work and found another big spot. He has been doing an awful lot of drinking water too. My poor guy! I have to be strong for him and whatever the results are..they are.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rudysmom View Post
    Have vet appointment tomorrow. Came home from work and found another big spot. He has been doing an awful lot of drinking water too. My poor guy! I have to be strong for him and whatever the results are..they are.
    Good thoughts and lots of prayers that you get a good vet check...let us know how he makes out.

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

Prayers its nothing serious. the excessive drinking - I would have a full blood panel done to check organ function. Also take a urine sample to check for a UTI as this could be the cause of accidents in the house. Collect urine first thiing in a.m prior to food or water and in mid stream

Be sure to fast for 12 hours prior to blood draw to avoid a false elevation in anything.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

This could be diabetes too.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Sorry didn't answer back to this..but it turned out that Rudy has diabetes and has to be on Humulin N twice a day. Plus he has to start on a food that will bring some weight off.
    It;s been a yr and a half now and we have seen an improvement in his behavior (wetting indoors) and he is eating normally.