swanny320.....

Thread: swanny320.....

labby is offline Senior Member

Defaultswanny320.....

This is what I would do if your puppy was mine. Decide on a food, first and foremost. Personally, as I've stated in other posts, I would switch the dog to ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach.

Secondly, I would tell the vet you want 12 days worth of panacur. You want to treat this dog for 7 days, rest 7 days and then treat another 5 days. During this time, the dog only gets its food. No treats, no supplements, nothing else but the food. You can feed small amounts of the food several times a day.

Watch the pup when you take it outside and make sure it's not getting into anything.

Try this and see what happens. Be patient. Give it a day or two and see if the stools get better, but complete the treatment.

If your vet won't treat the dog for giardia, either find another vet or buy the meds online yourself. I don't normally recommend buying the meds yourself, but panacur won't hurt the dog.

Laura

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

swanny320 is offline Member

Awesome advice. Thanks very much. I will follow it and see what happens!

lisa is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby View Post
    This is what I would do if your puppy was mine. Decide on a food, first and foremost. Personally, as I've stated in other posts, I would switch the dog to ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach.

Secondly, I would tell the vet you want 12 days worth of panacur. You want to treat this dog for 7 days, rest 7 days and then treat another 5 days. During this time, the dog only gets its food. No treats, no supplements, nothing else but the food. You can feed small amounts of the food several times a day.

Watch the pup when you take it outside and make sure it's not getting into anything.

Try this and see what happens. Be patient. Give it a day or two and see if the stools get better, but complete the treatment.

If your vet won't treat the dog for giardia, either find another vet or buy the meds online yourself. I don't normally recommend buying the meds yourself, but panacur won't hurt the dog.
    ^^^
    That.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Shelley is offline Senior Member

+1!