need info re: my boy's health!!!!

Thread: need info re: my boy's health!!!!

dcburton78 is offline Junior Member

Defaultneed info re: my boy's health!!!!

g'day people, i have a male lab (Buster) he is 3yr old, today ha has been really out of spirit & hasnt much energy, interest or appetite.
    im worried that something is wrong!!!
    any ideas would be a great help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

ANY Lab or dog for that matter with those symptoms needs to be seen by a vet ASAP. It could be any one (or more) of a multitude of health issues none of which can be correctly diagnosed & treated over the net.
    Last edited by Garth; 12-17-2010 at 08:14 AM.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Get him to a vet ASAP...could be alot of things. When my first lab Casey was acting like that, she had pancreatitis. It was very serious, so I think a trip to the vet today is a must. Good luck, keep us posted. Prayers and good thoughts for Buster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Yep agree with Garth and Lisa. He should be seen and a full blood panel taken.

Laura

CdnSouthernBelle is offline Senior Member

Agree with all posts. One night Sadie didn't budge from her bed when I took a pizza out of the oven. I knew immediately something was wrong. Off to the E-Vet and low and behold she had a fever and was sick.

Please see your vet.
    My two favorite girls.

dcburton78 is offline Junior Member

G'daay guys
    just an update on Buster, i stayed up with him lastnight for a while & this morning he was back to his playful self, we went to the vet to be safe & he checked him over, turns out he is in good health & must have just had a bad day? go figure?
    do any of your labs do this at all?

Garth is offline Registered Users

Good to hear he's OK & glad you went to the vet. Most dogs can have an "off day" for no apparent reason. I was seriously worried about my GSD a few nights ago. She wouldn't eat, her eyes looked strange & she was just laying around & looked like crap. This started about 8PM. By midnight she looked worse. I got up early the next morning expecting to rush her to the vet & she came into me wagging her tail like nothing was wrong. Even had her usual treat for breakfast. WEIRD!

SarahJN is offline Member

Garth's right! Vets often say that you know a dog is ill if they don't react as they usually do when you come in (i.e if they're asleep, they don't budge despite the fact you're carrying three bulging carrier bags). Millie does this anyway because she's always tuckered out after her second walk. I loled at CDNSouthernBelle's post - it's true, Millie does the same, even if I'm boiling cabbage! I hope Sadie was okay afterwards, though.
    Sometimes, I think, dogs just feel a bit rubbish for day, a little under the weather, and rest and good food are all that's needed. Millie didn't have her second walk as she appeared to have a slight limp in her back leg (I think she strained it running) and had a bit of malaise, lounging around on her blanket and looking miserable (she usually only lounges after her second walk). When she got up this morning she was as bright as ever and had a full hour's play, with no rests, and was eager to get outside.
    If he seems totally normal, he was probably just a little under the weather