help

Thread: help

lisa is offline Senior Member

Defaulthelp

Gracie has had diarrhea on and off a couple of days. Yesterday she had a firm poop and then went diarrhea, today she went normal once and it was only a little bit and then had diarrhea through out the day...not much a little at a time. Tonight she went in the house and it looked like there was a little blood in it. I am not completely sure if it was blood or something she may have ate. She is eating, playing and not lethargic at all, NO vomiting either. I am calling the vet in the morning, any ideas what it could be, I am a nervous wreck

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The blood is probably from straining since she has had diarrhea on and off for the last few days. However, that being said, I am no vet, just talking from previous experience. Get your vet to check her over, I would be pretty safe to assume she is fine!

lisa is offline Senior Member

I am getting her checked tomorrow, thanks for your help...i feel better now

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Blood is typically from straining, as long as it's just a little. You may want the vet to check her anal glands too. Jed's got a little blood in his anal glands right now. One vet said it was an infection and after about $80 worth of antibiotics, we had our other vet expell his glands to check if the problem was cured. It wasn't. Now once he's feeling better from his foot problem, we'll have to go in for an anal gland treatment to cure the problem once and for all.