Dog owners that feed dog's Eukanuba

Thread: Dog owners that feed dog's Eukanuba

all_about_kimber is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog owners that feed dog's Eukanuba

Please becarefull of Eukanuba Im not sure if some of you remember that post that I posted of Kimber will not eat and I took her to the vet to make sure she was ok luckly she was fine nothing wrong with her. Only it is now going on three and a half weeks and she still does not want to eat her food I even bought the gravy stuff to put on the food do to the vet said she just might be board with her food. Even after that she still did not want to eat it, So then I kept telling my DH that maybe something was wrong with the food I can't even count the people I would tell this to that said Im am worring about her to much but she is my baby. So then over the weekend my BIL called me and asked if I heard anything about Eukanuba out of some of thier food do to he does everything to his lab that I do for my Kimber cause he always tells me he wants his lab to act and look just like Kimber. So BIL tells me that all pets stores have sighns up that they will be out for awhile but not telling you why and just gave you a list of other dog foods that you could try. Im out of town at the time so I said o my let me see if I can find some here to keep me in stock till they get some in. I go and start looking and I can tell that they have changed some of the packaging. So now im worried of what im going to do a guy walks up to see if he can help and I tell him my concerns he did tell me a lil about what had happen to Eukanuba they had a recall and did not say anything so then they tryed to change packaging and that's when the proublem started so now I just don't trust them. I went through all the dog food to see what was the best and I came up with Nautral Choice it is limited ingredents and they have been around for 80 yrs. They have so many diffrent kinds I got the one with Venisen and brown rice. When I brought it home to introduce it to Kimber she could not keep her head out of the back she loved it I was trying to mix the old and the new together not to hurt her and she was picking the old puting it on the floor and only eating the new she loves it. So I guess what Im trying to say is trust our furry friends sometimes they do know when something is just not right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Natural Choice as in Nutro Natural Choice?

Laura

Dawg52 is offline Member

Below is a response I got via email from Eukanuba. Pretty vague.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We are currently experiencing some production constraints and are having difficulty meeting demands. This has led to out of stock issues for some of our products. We want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to get products back on shelves as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific time frame to share.

We would be happy to assist you in finding an alternative formula until the product that you normally feed to your pet is available again. Please feel free to contact us Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm EST at 877-887-1943.

Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience and look forward to your call.
    Nap time................

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Why not ask them for a refund for the bag she won't eat.

Thank you for your response's yes it is Nurto and she love's it and I was going to ask for a refound not sure if they would want me to mail the food back and I was so upset that I was feeding Kimber something bad I just came home and through it away I did'nt want it any where near her.

labby is offline Senior Member

I personally wouldn't feed Nutro if it were given to me for free. It used to be a decent food but they've had lots of quality issues and recalls the past few years.

Laura

Ok thank you I will start looking for other options.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Kaylie, may she RIP, was only able to tolerate the sensitive stomach formula of nutro, and was fed it for the majority of her 16 years. Nutro isn't the best but nor is it the worst ... there was one recall recently, but there has been a sustained misinformation campaign by a so-called "consumer group", claiming frequent recalls, in the last couple of years, no idea why.

The FDA site is your best source for accurate information about product recalls. List of recalls for Pet Food Products from NUTRO
    Last edited by kaytris; 09-26-2010 at 12:28 PM.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I feed my pups <1 yo Eukanuba lg breed puppy and have had absolutely no problems w/ it. Field trial friends feed their Performance formula-- no problem. Yes, stocks are low and I bet some heads rolled at production or marketing level on that one but I really think it had nothing to do w/ quality.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

I feed Euk, and most of my FT buddies with big strings of dogs feed Euk by the pallet. Those that don't feed Pro Plan. The 30/20 feeds were not part of the Euk recall. We have had no issues at all with Euk, but it can be hard to find in the big box stores right now.
    Last edited by GulfCoast; 10-05-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg