Just back from the vet and Emma has devolped a seroma around the incision.
Her leg is hot and swelling.
We are to ice 5-10 minutes 4 times a day.
A challenge as she doesn't like it at all.
We go back in 2 weeks for a recheck.
Keep your fingers crossed that this calms down by the end of this week.
Sending Emma good thoughts.
sending good thoughts and healing prayers to Emma
I have heard this is normal, although we did not experience it last time. We go for surgery on the 2nd knee on Wednesday. Keep her off it and iced. Did they give you antibiotics to come home with?
thank you for the good thoughts for Emma.
ZoeZoe, good luck Wed, will be thinking of you.
No antibiotics sent home. They think this will turn around by Friday but we are to call if anything gets worse.
The icing is now a two person job. One to hold her down, one to keep the ice pack on and to feed her a few kibbles as a prize for her.