Bella's eye is oozing

Thread: Bella's eye is oozing

LuvRgirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultBella's eye is oozing

We have taken Bella to the bark park the last several days. She is doing great and having a blast with the other dogs. However yesterday her right eye started to drain more then usual a whitish discharge, and today it is worse. Other then going to a vet, is their a natural cleansing we could do to treat her eye? She isn't scratching it, and it doesn't seem to bother her at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Take her to the vet. Eyes aren't something you take chances with. It's not worth the risk. If it's something that needs treating, the vet can give you the appropriate drops or ointment to fix it.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I agree with going to the vet. Two of our labs had white drainage from their eyes and we went to the vet. She stained their eyes to make sure there was no corneal scragtch. They were on eye drops for ten days. I would not buy OTC stuff for eyes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

When I woke her up this morning her right eye looked pretty bad, so we made a vet appt. for this afternoon. I'm with you guys, I don't want to take a chance with her. She is shaking her head quite a bit now and her nose is running a lot, so poor thing is sick alright.

Bella is on antibiotics for eye infection, and a UTI poor baby. She is a trooper though. This weekend she gets spayed, and hopefully after she heals she will do much better all the way around. We found a great vet here who was so kind and careful with her. I love good vets, especially those who have a lab of their own!