stoli woke up limping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stoli woke up limping

Boston is offline Senior Member

Defaultstoli woke up limping

This morning Stoli got out of the crate and was limping. She had played with a friend's dog all day yesterday but showed no signs of injury when she went to bed. She is acting like she is normal and fine. She went out did her business grabbed a ball and came inside to play. She ate normally and then jumped up on couch to chew on a toy. But she is still limping. Seems to be favoring front paw/leg. I have checked legs and paws and they feel fine. No bumps or hot spots. She doesn't wince to the touch or anything. Should I be worried? I don't know what to do?
    Last edited by Boston; 04-25-2010 at 07:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I called the emergency vet hospital and the doc said if she isn't in any noticable pain I can wait until tomorrow to bring her to my vet. He said I should try to limit her activty. That's going to be hard. She is trying to play. I got her on her bed with a ball and she ran in the room and jumped up and off my bed. She is acting fine but still limping noticably. I don't wanna lock her in the crate all day. Maybe I should tether her to me with the leash.

I hope she is ok......

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

I don't have any answers for you but I hope it's just a sprain. There seems to be a lot of experience with this on here so hopefully someone will chime in.

Take it easy today Stoli!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

it is hard to keep thier movement restructed, particularly when they are so young. We have gone through a similair thing with Harvey recently. For today, i would suggest that you try to prevent her from jumping, encourage her to do 'ground' based activity i.e. a stuff kong or something similair. I hope this does turn out just to be a sprain, please keep us posted.

Update:

I kept Stoli "grounded" most of the day and put her in her crate like it was a weekday. She seemed to be walking a little better last night. I will see how she is this morning when she wakes up. Hopefully it was just sore from excessive playing the day before or growing pains. I still got a vet appt today for her lyme disease shot so I will have him check her out.

How did it go at the vets today?

It got rescheduled till Thurs. But she isn't limping anymore. It's weird. She just woke up yesterday and was walking fine. I kept her limited anyway but all seems well. The vet said she could have just been sore from the extended runnig and playing the day before. He will check her out on thurs anyway though.

I'm hopeful she is ok. It sure seems that way.

Dani is offline Senior Member

how old is she? If she's in the 6 month range...could be showing signs of OCD or Pano.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    how old is she? If she's in the 6 month range...could be showing signs of OCD or Pano.
    She is 8 months. I thought the same thing. that is why I am going to the vet Thurs. Though is it common with OCD or Pano that the limp would be visual bu the dog show no signs of pain and it would just stop within 36 hrs?
    Last edited by Boston; 04-27-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    She is 8 months. I thought the same thing. that is why I am going to the vet Thurs. Though is it common with OCD or Pano that the limp would be visual bu the dog show no signs of pain and it would just stop within 36 hrs?
    harvey was diagnosed with Elbow dysplacia in Feb, he has OCD and FMCP (?? may have the letters the wrong way round, but basically his joint was splintering), the first signs was limping, it stopped after a couple of days, then it came back, stopped, came back etc. I put it down to the ruff and tumble with his brother but when it came back a 3rd time i had him x-rayed and got the diagnosis. I wish i had of got him x-rayed a lot sooner. In your case, i hope it is just a sprain and that she has fully recovered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast